Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, newbie here, just registered. I've been collecting 1:64 diecast since December. I collect JL, HW, GL, MB, Jada, Maisto, motormax, just about any small cars that I think look good. This looks like a great forum with a lot of great members. I was wondering if there is a reason that there is no Maisto section?
:wave:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
don't know others opinions. but for me i don't see a need.
maisto peaked out before christmas. i hardly hear a word from anyone on it lately. did notice some movemment in some older chase cars.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!

Maisto seems to be a small enough portion of diecast that it falls into the general diecast section, but they do have some nice pieces. For any brands that there isnt a board for, feel free to bring it up here at the general diecast board.

What kinds of vehicle do you collect mostly??

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies.

I mainly collect muscle cars, but I guess you could say I buy a little of everything. I originally was collecting Hot wheels as top priority, with a little here and there of other brands, but lately my taste has changed and Johnny Lightning & Greenlight are the two that I'm focusing on, and just going to get certain castings from the Hot Wheels lines. I also like the HW Monster Jam trucks.With jada I'm collecting mainly the BTM, but do buy High Profile and Dub City, etc. I buy Matchbox if i happen to see something in a store that catches my eye. With Maisto I was buying mainly the Pro Rodz, but also some of their other lines. With 1baddride, I have a few, but would buy them more often if I saw more models available. Same with the JLFT Foose, get 'em when I see them. I also like the Shelby Collectibles 1:64th scale cars, but only have a few since I don't see them too often. I'm also trying to get into customizing, but my time has been limited lately. Will probably do more of that over the summer when the weather is nice and I can work on the cars out in the yard. So, it's a little of everything. different brands, ranging in size from the 1:55 JLFT Foose, to the Matchbox which some of the vehicles go as small as 1:72 I think. Mostly muscle, but alos some tuners, exotics, trucks, etc. I have a little over 2000 cars, which is a lot considering I've been collecting only 4 months.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
2000 cars in 4 months? Your my kind of collector! Welcome aboard, were glad your here. No show up pics!!!! (We like seeing photos of folks collections!)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
seveland said:
hi, newbie here, just registered. I've been collecting 1:64 diecast since December. I collect JL, HW, GL, MB, Jada, Maisto, motormax, just about any small cars that I think look good. This looks like a great forum with a lot of great members. I was wondering if there is a reason that there is no Maisto section?
:wave:
HI i like maisto too! i think if it had a section it will git more hit than
1BR m-max,

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I, for one, love the Maisto car haulers, transporters, and roll-backs. Not too particularly accurate, but "just real enough", and great bang for the buck to highlight the rest of the collection!

·
Registered
256 Posts
..that is a lot of cars for 4 months..maybe youwould be interested with tomicas..i can help you there...btw i am from Philippines lmk

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Many collectors don't like the Maistos' smoky windows and no interior. I do not mind because the great, old Matchbox didn't have them either. Heck, toys didn't even have windows back then! :)

This Barracuda is very nicely shaped:

Here's my old Caprice climbing on some matchies. I unscrewed the base plate and, while the body is quite nicely-made and well-detailed, the plastic parts are awfully cheap. I am not sure if I really miss the interior on Maisto toy cars after all!

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Welcome to HT seveland! Now that it is getting nicer out we will have to gather the central PA troops again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CenterShock said:
Welcome to HT seveland! Now that it is getting nicer out we will have to gather the central PA troops again.
Thanks man! I was just thinking about that the other day, would be nice to have another meeting in early May.
Be sure to bring those bins of extras again ! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts