Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just found out about this today. Kyosho is releasing a set of six Japanese police cars, available on 3/12/2010. Not sure if this set is the continuation of the mini-car series after the GT-R race cars or if this is something special because the info is not on Kyosho's official website yet. However, Tokimeki Mall did mention that this set is a first release... maybe there will be more emergency vehicles in the future?

Source: http://tokimekimall.jp/NASApp/prd_detail_info2/1/20100193872/
Josh

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone bought these polices cars from Kyosho yet? There are a few floating on eBay as of now. Care to give some reviews if you have them?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
The NSX police car is pretty nice.... wonder how many they really have in the police fleet.
I know there is at least one. Donated by Honda and used for exhibitions

·
7,829 Posts
Yes. They are mostly used for highway pursuit from what I have read. They even use unmarked Skylines. In the cities more mundane cars and motorcycles are used.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Those are nice! I hope they'll add some Toyotas to the next line-up! :rolleyes:

Neat little cars like these are just one more reason why I've been switching from 1:43 to 1:64 scale! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Nice. Isn't tomica coming up with their own 6 police car set? I saw a photocopied picture (pre-order) from an online store last week but didn't really check it out. Now I can't remember the website.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Nice. Isn't tomica coming up with their own 6 police car set? I saw a photocopied picture (pre-order) from an online store last week but didn't really check it out. Now I can't remember the website.
Tomica Limited have come out with several series of police cars, the latest being GT-R vs Z. You can see pictures at the Tomica Fan Club HERE.

If you are talking about something else... please let us know more about it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, that's very impressive Toyotageek... very comprehensive photo-catalog. Do you own all the cars posted at that thread in Tomica Fan Club?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Wow, that's very impressive Toyotageek... very comprehensive photo-catalog. Do you own all the cars posted at that thread in Tomica Fan Club?
Thank you!

No, I don't own them all. The entire effort is a group project. Most of the models are owned by about 4 of us, and we ask other members to help fill the gaps. I do own all the Toyota that are included, however not all the Toyota photos are mine.

I'm slowly working on getting the regular Tomica database ready. I have a feeling that one will take the longest to fill with photos!

BTW - we're always looking for new members and contributors! ;)

·
7,829 Posts
Wow, that is a cool website Toyotageek. I like all the pictures

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I think in Taiwan highway patrol cars are from the BMW 5 series. Not a bad ride at all. Does the police here in the US also use some fancy cars? I think I've seen Camaros before. What else are there?

·
7,829 Posts
They have used Mustangs in the past. Back in the 60's they used a lot of sedate looking family cars with massive engines hiding underneath. Now the police use helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft, and radios. It has been found it is better to block ahead than to engage in high-speed pursuit. Too dangerous for other drivers.

·
Registered
323 Posts
In the US they use chargers, camaros, lambo's (California), corvettes, and some vipers in some states.
The MTA in maryland uses mustang GT's near the airport and on interstates

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
In the US they use chargers, camaros, lambo's (California), corvettes, and some vipers in some states.
The MTA in maryland uses mustang GT's near the airport and on interstates
Wait, we have Lambo cop cars in California? Whoa, I missed that! :p I know the city next door to me has some Chargers in their fleet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts