Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, new castings would have been great, but I'm more than happy with the new color variations!!

Scored the following today at a Walmart in Baraboo, WI:

AMC Pacer in Black and Red
AMC Gremlin in White and Blue w/ white stripe (very excellent looking!)
Ford Pinto in brown
Ford Maverick in Green w/ black stripes

Thought I'd share. No camera with me to take pics...sry

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have not seen these as of yet. I did find the greenish Pacer and Gremlin, Yellow and Orange Pacer, and the red Gremlin but, have not been able to find the Blue Gremlin. Hopefully, our local Wal-Marts will get these in soon.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The blue gremlin is a "Gremlin X". I just realized it. I just got back home last night, once I get everything back in order here I'll post pics

·
Registered
793 Posts
That Gremlin looks good, gotta grab that one. Like to see pics of the Maverick with stripes.
Anybody else notice how the glass never fits into these cars rite and they all look like they have falling headliners?

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
You know, RC2 has taken plenty of heat here for less than this, so I feel it's only fair to say this to Motor Max:

We're tired of the same five castings.

We're tired of playing around with color changes.

We're tired of waiting so freakin' long for something - anything! - new from you.

Do something fresh, interesting, and different would you, and don't take so long getting them out to us.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
carnut2256 said:
You know, RC2 has taken plenty of heat here for less than this, so I feel it's only fair to say this to Motor Max:

We're tired of the same five castings.

We're tired of playing around with color changes.

We're tired of waiting so freakin' long for something - anything! - new from you.

Do something fresh, interesting, and different would you, and don't take so long getting them out to us.
I second that rant!!

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Motor Max is just set up different than the standard JL's. I see the Fresh CHerries as being those 5 castings. They also have the American Graffiti cars in 1:64, 1:24 and 1:18, they have the R/c lines, they also make all kinds of larger scale stuff not necesrrily in a 'series' like Fresh CHerries. This is just how I see what they are doing, perhaps Im wrong, I dont know. I would love more castings in the FC line as much as anyone, but maybe they only intended Fresh Cherries to be a series for a little while. Is someone from Motor Max reading that can clear this up?

·
Registered
405 Posts
The Fresh Cherries line is definitely in the prime position for some 'freshening up". Some new packaging designs would be a good start. Then clean-up the casting and start with some new graphics. I personally like the 1/64 pieces. Nice obscure cars, very good quality and a tremendous value! I hope Target Stores will start stocking them since I don’t have a WalMart close to me. That Blue Gremlin X and the striped Mavericks are a great start.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Now Matt...that is just AWESOME and exactly what I was referring to! So...obviously that particular casting is of quality...but with a little tweaking of the wheels and paint ... BINGO!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
They need first to do the Pacer, Maverick, and Mustang II in 1/24. Then, they need to design some modular tools to yield the highest number of subjects with the lowest expense. Some examples would be:

"Mopar I" : '75-'77 Cordoba & Charger, '78-'79 Magnum, '79 Cordoba 300

"MoparII" : '76-'80 Volare, Aspen, LeBaron, Diplomat

"Ford I" : '75-'79 Granada,Monarch, Versailles

"Ford II" : '77-79 LTD II, Cougar, Thunderbird

"GM I " : '75-'79 Nova, Ventura, Phoenix, Omega, Skylark

"GM II" : '75-'80 Monza, Sunbird, Starfire, Skyhawk

All subjects in 1/64 and 1/24

1 - 20 of 43 Posts