Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of this has already been discussed, but I saw a few new tidbits of info in this article that was posted on another message board.....

Freshier Cherries...

For fans of this car line, there's more coming this year. Expected to arrive around mid-2007 will be a new group of 1/87th Fresh Cherries that will include:

1974 Ford Maverick
1971 Ford Mustang with Sportroof
1956 Ford F100 Truck
1940 Ford F1 Truck
1982 Honda Accord
1975 Honda CVCC

Motor Max's Maurice Chan, who provided the information regarding this new group, added that each vehicle will again be offered in two colors as before. Colors for this release are being decided currently and are not yet announced.

Future Cherries...

Though this is just speculation and nothing officially is announced by Motor Max beyond the 2nd Release of 1/87th Fresh Cherries detailed above, there are some clues to possibilities in the company's other scale offerings.

The 1/24th scale Fresh Cherries line includes a 1971 Mercury Comet; 1974 AMC Gremlin; 1974 Chevrolet Vega; 1974 Ford Maverick; 1974 Ford Pinto; and 1979 Chrysler LeBaron Town & Country Wagon.

The 1/64th scale Fresh Cherries line includes a 1970 Ford Maverick; 1970 Ford Pinto; 1971 Ford Mustang Sportroof; 1974 AMC Gremlin; 1974 AMC Hornet; 1976 Chevrolet Vega; 1975 AMC Matador; 1977 Ford Mustang II; 1978 AMC Pacer; 1978 Chevrolet Chevette; 1979 Chrysler LeBaron Town & Country Wagon; and 1983 Plymouth Reliant.

Again this is speculation, but there have been examples of car styles crossing and duplicating between the scales in the Fresh Cherries lines, therefore it might be possible that some of the 1/24th and 1/64th selections could one day be found among the 1/87th line.

The only prohibiting factor in seeing the Chevy offerings move into the 1/87th Fresh Cherries group may be General Motors policy of not licensing auto replicas beyond a certain size and therefore might preclude any HO-scale Fresh Cherries made from GM prototypes for now.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
zed300 said:

The only prohibiting factor in seeing the Chevy offerings move into the 1/87th Fresh Cherries group may be General Motors policy of not licensing auto replicas beyond a certain size and therefore might preclude any HO-scale Fresh Cherries made from GM prototypes for now.
Malibu International did 1/87 Camaros so Motormax should be allowed to make 1/87 Chevy cars also.

·
Registered
334 Posts
rlyoung1 said:
Malibu International did 1/87 Camaros so Motormax should be allowed to make 1/87 Chevy cars also.

Dear All:

The GM policy is the following:no vehicle shorter the two and .25 inches (2.25") will be licenced by this company.The reason stated is Children safety.The Camaros and the Bandit Firebird are within this limit,and the Trans Am is slightly larger than 1/87.Another Manufacturer,RickoRicko did agreed to do a larger Cadillac CTS,only to have GM to disaprove that model.

The posibilities of an 1/87 scale Vega and Fiero are,as of now,very small.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
There is no mention of a Fiero anywhere in that info. There is no mention of one on the site as well and yet it's out. How did that stay so under the radar I wonder?

Those listed in 1:87th would make some nice 1:60th as well.

I predict the wagon will be near impossible to find on the pegs and if you do find one, you better take it then. It's just so cutting edge and collectors have been screaming for wagons for so long now.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
I predict the wagon will be near impossible to find on the pegs and if you do find one, you better take it then. It's just so cutting edge and collectors have been screaming for wagons for so long now.

Ever since I became a member here on HT, I've been asking for anyone who'd listen to do some 1/64 wagons from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Maybe Motormax is one of those companies that can listen!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
zed300 said:
1956 Ford F100 Truck
1940 Ford F1 Truck
1982 Honda Accord
1975 Honda CVCC
I'd really like to see the Ford trucks made in 1/60 as well as the Hondas. Let's hope Motormax continues their winning ways of the past year by continually releasing castings of cars that no one else has even had the courage to consider. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
scrambler81 said:
Is that a fairly recent policy? I know I have a whole bunch of GM cars running around my HO layout.

Dear scrambler81:

This policy is at least from 2005.There is also a term of 'cease and desist' for the models which were molded in a size smaller than the 2,25" .Alas,many HO Manufacturers are not even considering making vehicles from GM.There are some court activity in Europe to counter some of that,but as far US Collectors are concerned,this is becoming an even uglier set of events.

The release of cars in 1/87 scale is extensive in 2007,and Ford Models are a big majority of it.

Nick K

·
Registered
16 Posts
I myself will be on the lookout for the following for sure:

1982 Honda Accord
1975 Honda Civic CVCC
1974 Ford Maverick
1971 Ford Mustang Sportroof

On the other hand, I find the choice of a '55 Ford F100 rather curious, as there are already a plethora of similar F100s in 1:87th already.

Bravo Motormax for the Hondas and the Maverick and Mustang!

Cheers,
Harry

·
Registered
37 Posts
You guys in 1/64 can have the '56 Ford pickup, it's already been done in HO and is a poor choice by Motormax. Duplication of HO vehicles is not wise because there is NOT a market large enough to support more than 1 vehicle. Plus, 3 Ford 50's pickups have been or will be released in the next month or so, the '56 by Model Power, the '55 by Athearn and the '54 by Classic Metal Works. It's overkill, and after Athearn's release, I'm done.

How about pickups, vans and SUV's from the 60's,70's and 80's? Ford did make pickups in those years too! Chevy pickups are hot, witness the hot sales of the HO Reel Rides... I'll gladly take more Chevy pickups. They are much longer than the 2.25" for GM so it should be no problem.

Vito Larucci

1 - 11 of 11 Posts