Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered in my collection a New found Treasure. About 15 years ago while rummaging through some loose stuff on a table at a Antique Show in Portland Oregon I came across this 68 Gold Custom Barracuda (Redline). I looked it over (Not knowing What it REALLY was) and asked the vendor ...How Much? He said $10.00 i considered it for a moment and decided What the heck, I just happened to have a Ten in my pocket, so bought it. I took it home and put it on the shelf, eventually it ended up in a box, tosssed in the garrage and forgotten.
Just recently I was going through my boxes and found this Played with but still in decent condition Barracuda. So I decided it was time to clear out some stuff, and promptly posted the Gold Barracuda on Ebay...figuring if I get 20.00 for it I have doubled my money.
Funny thing happened though....As soon as I posted it (Within 15 min) I got a bid. My immediate Reaction was GREAT its gonna sell!!!!, The next morning I checked it and low and behold I had another Bid and like 22 people watching it. This Raises My eyebrow.....Whats going on here...Why is this Barracuda attracting SO MUCH Attention..? So I decide to look at my pictures closer and compare the car to my Tomarts Book.
So I noticed right away the car has White interior (Steering wheel Same color) Clear Glass and Short power buldges. Ok this is a U.S. Casting no big deal....THEN I TURNED IT OVER......Huh....It has a HONG KONG BASE !!!! That must be IT!!!! So I got on the internet right away to find out if there is any more information about this....Is it just an ERROR or is it a VARRIATION. If your reading this YOU!!! already Know What this is!!! A VERY RARE and hard to Find HYBRID. Not only is it Hard to find just for being a Hybrid but RARE because it is GOLD!!! SO Immediatly I emailed the High Bidder and Appologised But I JUST HAD to END The Auction!!! There was No WAY I was going to let this go......At least not for AWILE!!!
So This small unassuming little trinket went from being one of my Hohum Beaters (Not Mint) to being THE PRIZE of My Collection.
The TREASURE I ....ALMOST....LOST!!!!! 15 YEARS and I didnt Know it....!!!! That will teach me to look CLOSER .....on EVERY purchase!!!

LESSON LEARNED.....Just because it is NOT MINT....It does not mean it is not VALUABLE!!!!

If your interested in seeing the Pic's
Email me at [email protected]
Or some body could help me out so I can post them for everyone to enjoy!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
That is awesom man. I would love to see pictures of it. What you need to do is go onto photobucket.com, make and account, and than you can upload your pictures from your files onto it. Once you have done that you want to click on the photo you are wanting to post o to HB and copy the IMG code. Come on here and paste the IMG code in a thread or comment. Where ever you would like :) hope this helps you out and congrats again on the beauty

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,928 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I hate it when I watch Pawn Stars and the seller was going to sell it for $100, and then finds out it could be worth $1000, and then decides they want to keep it instead of selling it for $500. I think you were wrong for pulling the auction.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Maybe so, Sly, but that's not your decision to be made.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
I hate it when I watch Pawn Stars and the seller was going to sell it for $100, and then finds out it could be worth $1000, and then decides they want to keep it instead of selling it for $500. I think you were wrong for pulling the auction.
Maybe the cash wasn't that imoprtant and keeping the car is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats EXACTLY it... The money wasnt important, I thought I was just making some room in my collection for somthing better. Now that I know how Hard to find This model is...How could I sell it? What are the chances of finding another one? That I could afford!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Gold falls about the middle when it comes to the 7 known hybrid cuda colors.
i've had 3 gold hybrids and kept 1 thats about a c8.the truely rare gold hybrid is the one with brown interior,of which there is only one known.white interior like yours are known in numbers of at least 15+
in todays market i'd say it would of pulled under 100.
ive seen recent harder colors(blue and aqua)go less then 50.but those werent mentioned to be hybrids.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
in todays market i'd say it would of pulled under 100.
ive seen recent harder colors(blue and aqua)go less then 50.but those werent mentioned to be hybrids.
It all depends on how bad the bidders wanted the car ....

We or the seller would never know what the car would of sold for in its condition as he pulled the auction.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Lots of money being talked over a tiny car that's technically worth a dollar, if i was the high bidder, at the least you would have somehow recieved bad feedback.He was right, you should know what you have BEFORE it goes on ebay.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Lots of money being talked over a tiny car that's technically worth a dollar, if i was the high bidder, at the least you would have somehow recieved bad feedback.He was right, you should know what you have BEFORE it goes on ebay.
It looks like he "bombed" the auction, so there is no chance to leave feedback as it deletes all bids before ending the auction.

After reading the auction, I now find it really crap that he pulled the auction. Telling your potential bidders that "I now wish I had not posted this model, but I obviosly I already have bids so that is not possible." sounds like you are going to be a man about it and go through with the auction... but then you went and yanked the auction anyways??
:beatdeadhorse:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
And you never would have known, except for the people who you shut the auction down on telling you by thier interest it was desirable...

·
Premium Member
9,570 Posts
:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts