Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Novak motors have become the norm. The 13.5 is faster than stock. I havn't ran the new "pro" version of it yet. It will be faster being that they have sintered arms and ribbed cans which will disipate the heat more and allow more gearing

·
Registered
540 Posts
doubledeuce your spec pacts will not work. have tried already. if you gear for speed pacts last about 2.5 min. if gear for run time they are very slow. they were tried on a flat track "D" shape about 320 ft. these were 4-cell also, 6 will might work better.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Yep, Flipper's right. A 13.5 geared for speed will only last about 2.5 minutes when 4 cell Spec packs are used. When you gear it to last, then it's about 3/4 of a second slower than the current 21 turn Spec motor.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
We've been running a spec brushless class at Freddies in Ravenna OH both last season and this season with great success. The rules have been the stock 4300 motor w/SS ESC and 4 cell spec packs w/Nastruck body, it's about 2 laps faster than the 21 turn motor, the track is about 135' flat carpet. Steel City Hobbies in Pittsburgh has also been running a similar class with great success.
Rick

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
you guys running 4300 spec, is the car wild in the beginning of the race? are you lifting a lot at the beginning and holding it wide open toward the end? have you ran them on any tracks smaller than you posted above? just curious, i'd hate to see the wrong motor be chosen.

petro, whatta ya say we throw a 4200 pack in your truck with a spec motor this weekend so we can compare it to 4200 13.5 brushless??? i'd do it but i'm not bringing mine this week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.