Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chevrolet Suburban and the Super Rocket-88 Oldsmobile...

These are two new Johnny Lightning castings, that both happen to be the same colour, the same year and look great together too. A fantastic job on these... keep the 50's castings coming JL! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Greg

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Hmmm....interesting parallel here...
Stay-at-home Mom has the Suburban to do the shopping and for carting the kids around; businessman Dad has the plush, luxury Olds for driving clients and getting around for meetings.
Some things never change... :p

(OK OK I know they don't make Oldsmobiles anymore!! Just work with me here!! :freak: :p )

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Agreed!!! Muscle cars are great but I'm all for the older cars. A 51 Ford looks great in that color. My buddy had one. Bring them on!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DadsCoronet said:
Hmmm....interesting parallel here...
Stay-at-home Mom has the Suburban to do the shopping and for carting the kids around; businessman Dad has the plush, luxury Olds for driving clients and getting around for meetings.
Some things never change... :p

(OK OK I know they don't make Oldsmobiles anymore!! Just work with me here!! :freak: :p )
Ha... that's so true. My Dad used to drive an olds delta 88, and my Mom had a GMC pick-up. :)

Greg

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
G-man said:

These are two new Johnny Lightning castings, that both happen to be the same colour, the same year and look great together too. A fantastic job on these... keep the 50's castings coming JL! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Greg
Great pictures! You Armour All those tires?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
...these are 2 of my favorites...nicely detailed..!...they look fantastic side by side...I recently got the Olds ..great casting..super pic..!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I almost bought that Olds yesterday, but didn't. JL needs to make the hood seat better on the body. I've passed on several JL cars I like for the same reason.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I like the vehicles, but not the color. The Suburban, until the demise of the station wagon was always more of a utility vehicle. As a kid back in the 60s, the only time I saw a Suburban it was being used by the railroads, oil companies, and a few construction companies. If you went out into the country, some farmers, or ranchers had them, but they really were not much of a suburban vehicles. We had station wagons for home use.

David.

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
G-man said:

Yes, keep castings like these coming! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2fab4u said:
I almost bought that Olds yesterday, but didn't. JL needs to make the hood seat better on the body. I've passed on several JL cars I like for the same reason.
The hood will actually completely close on the Olds. It must have popped slightly up when I snapped the picture.

Greg

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
A couple of very nice castings for sure!

Can't wait to find the perfect wheels and engine for a spoilers type treatment for the olds.

Just a tidbit of trivia here...the longest running model nameplate in chevy history is the suburban.

:wave:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts