Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with Katfish today he is still without power so this is the deal race 4 will be made up on sept 25 it is a saturday. that means that race 5 will be in Oct.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
well it took only a short 5 days and i now have power back to the house!

a big thanks to phil owen,tony padilla and rich abran for helping get the word out about the final 2 races and for there concerns for there fellow racers.

the news coverage of the aftermath of the hurricane seems to be mainly local? if you live in orlando you get to see the damage in your back yard as well as on T.V..but if you live in miami the coverage is not like it is here. i hope everyone made it through the hurricane safely? i had my car packed, the cell phone fully charged and was ready to go saturday. when the sun came up in voulsia county on saturday morning i found new respect for hurricanes! the damage was like a war movie and nothing was working. no cell,no power,no home phones.nextel 2 way was out! i never expected anything like this!

enough about me and on with the info.

at the speedway spectacular i handed out blue race packs. the packs contained a schedule for focars as well as some other oval dates.

race # 4 RPM speedway sept 25th saturday

race # 5 TBA october 23rd saturday

the last race of the year (if we get there) we will have our banquet and food. the food should be BBQ and should be close to 10.00 a plate or less..we will eat drink and be merry that night ..take photos and talk about what could have been or what was,lol.

this way most of us will be there to congradulate the winners and eat some food before we head home. we will also raffle off the few suprises ..so hold onto your red tickets!

thanks again for understanding..if you drove through orlando you would understand we do not belong there at this time. it's ugly folks..apts with no power and young children and people with no place to go. we do not need to be part of the problem. they are begging for help over there..if any of you strapping young men would like to help out over the weekend they have a place for you.

my mistake was not taking the hurricane serious..believe me when i tell you this..we had 105 mph winds for maybe 5 minutes..the damage left behind will last for years.. and puta gorda is a waste land..

stay safe maybe i will see you guys at strickland sept 11th??

if anyone does aluminum siding cheap for a fellow oval head please contact me I as well as rich b are in need of some repairs. rich can see the moon and stars at night,lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts