- Off Road Rider
- VW Gulf (Black)
- 1951 Ford P/U
- Corvette C 6 (metallic Blue)
- Lotus Exige
- Honda Ridgeline (Light Blue)
- Ford GT (Gold)
- International CRX

The Ridgeline is a case where the small scale version is better looking than the 1:1. The Jag E Type might be my nominee for casting of the year for MB. The newest generation of Corvettes is also my favorite and even though the MB casting is a few years old, it still represents one of the best newer Vettes especially in the small scale field. The metallic blue is a great looking color for the Vette. The two Hearses were laying under the pegs under some other MB items perhaps in an ill fated attempt by someone to hide them for later.

All in all, MB has now taken over my slot where hot wheels used to be in my collection. I've had it for the most part with HWs and the cartoonish cars they have been releasing lately. Perhaps Mattel wishes to make MB the place to cast realistic versions of cars for collectors while HW is the place for all the unrealistic bloated castings for kids. I notice whenever MBs are restocked in my area that most sell out completely in only a few days. MB releases are sporadic at best, but for 97 cents, they can not be beaten for quality. :)

Zach

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
MB is definitely improving their cars in both quality and looking realistic, especially the undercarriages of many new ones. I'm also starting to like the wheel selections better.
It's nice to see extra details added to them like head/tail lights. I'm starting to collect more matchbox cars than hotwheels.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am chasing MB's for the same reason...not ecstatic with HW this year. Still hunting them, but have discovered and fallen in love with MB truck/bus and work vehicle castings. I agree that MB sells fast off the pegs except for some of the cars. If you like a truck you better buy it because they don't hang around.

As far as cars, I sure wish I had picked up the red Jag while it was everywhere. I have the white (from the 5 Pack) and the new olive green. I didn't come over to the MB side soon enough.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
kenpooro said:
I am chasing MB's for the same reason...not ecstatic with HW this year. Still hunting them, but have discovered and fallen in love with MB truck/bus and work vehicle castings. I agree that MB sells fast off the pegs except for some of the cars. If you like a truck you better buy it because they don't hang around.

As far as cars, I sure wish I had picked up the red Jag while it was everywhere. I have the white (from the 5 Pack) and the new olive green. I didn't come over to the MB side soon enough.
I've seen the red Jag still around in some of the MB 10 packs at WM if you like opened versions. Check out the sets at a WM near you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes, I have seen several of the 10 packs...I don't mind opened but don't reall want to spend 10 bucks for it. The moral is buy it when it strikes your fancy. I didn't know how much i liked this car til I saw it in other colors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts