Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah the hearse is sweet. With ass half-arse as our Walmart selection is, I'm surprised I found anything.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Man,I'm so jealous. I was at walmart tonight and saw the MB pegs full to the gills. I thought for sure there would be a caddy hearse in there. No luck though,but I did walk away with a chevy 4x4 van.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Some nice stuff there Colin.... Really nice Superfasts and the I am dtarting to like that hearse.... Ya my Walmart hasn't put up new MB's for like 6 months... At least I have TRU or Target to turn to....

:thumbsup: ---Midnightrun--- :wave:

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
That hearse is decent, especially since there's so few nice hearses to choose from, but the proportions are seriously off.

I had a 64 as a daily driver for almost 2 years( definitely 1 of those 'Damn I wish I had it now!' cars), and the casting is a little too short, and a little too narrow for the roof height

Mine threw a rod, I sold it because I couldn't afford to fix or store it, the idiot I sold it to (not the word I generally use to describe him) put it on a 4x4 Suburban chassis, then rolled it taking a corner too fast! What a waste!!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
mn_dodgeboy said:
sorry to hear. Got any pics of it?
I wish!
I used to but they were lost when our house burned down in '02. It was a sweet car.

It was a doorprize at a wholesale auto auction, my boss won it and gave it to me in lieu of a month's pay (about $700).
It was Smoke gray w/ a black crinkle top. All original except for chrome reverse wheels w/baby moon hubcaps and Road Hugger white letter tires. We put a Clarion stereo in it, amp, and graphic equalizer (remember this was 87). My dad and I built a coffin shaped carpeted speaker box/mini bar, 2 10" Rockford Fosgates inthe center and custom cutouts for liquor bottles at each end. He was going to build a coffin shaped ice chest, but never got around to it.

He had it flamed in ruby red metallic as my Christmas present that year.

I was supposed to give dad his 'last ride' in this car, but it died 5 years before he did.

I'll check with my mom, she may have pictures of it, we must have taken 200 pics of it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts