Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than collecting nascar diecast , i also collect John Deere diecast as well . So today Kmart got in some GEARBOX 2007 1/64 John Deere Bi-Planes !! Anyway the plane is actually a 1930's stearman bi-plane with the old fashioned JD logo on the top wing !!! These cost $3.99+tax and thats definately NOT a bad price for such a nice collectible from the JD line for 2007 ! Good to see that a different type of diecast is being offered in the JD line now other than semi-trucks , tractors and heavy equipment diecasts .

Heres a pic :

:cool: :wave:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it really is .. i didnt expect the price to be just $4.00 ! I was thinking it would have been around $6.00 or so . The quality is amazing on this plane .. i really like this !

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I suppose there are several variants; I bought two John Deere Stearmans because one had a lemon yellow cowl, the other orange-yellow. (That's what we crazy plane collectors do!) I also have Coke and Shell Oil and I know that they made several more that I have not seen yet.

The struts on this casting are clumsier than those of the Matchbox Sky-Buster and Lledo versions, but the casting is still fairly well-detailed nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true ! i saw one with a YELLOW top wing today at kmart .. might have to get that one tommorow . dont know yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts