Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.facebook.com/Zee-Toys-Zylmex-Collectors-100808511694820

I've started this to see how much interest there might be. I'm also the curator for the brand on hobbyDB so announce things as I add them to the database.

From 1982 to 1993 I worked at Intex Recreation Corp. (Zee Toys importer for North America) in the new product development department. When IRC stopped selling toy brands to concentrate on the vinyl inflatables and other items I continued on with Zyll Enterprise in Hong Kong until the end in 1996.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just got a follow from me! I only have a few Zee/Zylmex cars, but I'm hoping to add some more to my collection in the future. I saw in another thread that you said you designed the Boom Bug. I remember playing with one years and years ago at my grandparents' house, and I just recently picked up one of my own. It's an awesome design!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got a follow from me! I only have a few Zee/Zylmex cars, but I'm hoping to add some more to my collection in the future. I saw in another thread that you said you designed the Boom Bug. I remember playing with one years and years ago at my grandparents' house, and I just recently picked up one of my own. It's an awesome design!
Thanks!
Charley

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is very interesting for me, thank you for sharing! I like this page, but the problem is that I don't like using Facebook and prefer Instagram. If anyone knows if they have an official Instagram page, then I will be glad to know about it. By the way, I really like that Instagram gives everyone the opportunity to create their own page and make it popular. If you follow all the tips I found on the Internet, I believe that absolutely everyone has some talent and is able to succeed in this field. For example, if you are interested in this then you can read the article about how to buy followers on Instagram, you will be a few steps closer to success.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks! I'm cooling on fb because of some of their business practices (both for what they do and what they don't). So far, the fb page just announces new things that I'm posting on Zee Toys/Zylmex | hobbyDB so you're not missing much.

I had intended to make a Zee page on Instagram but I don't have a smart mobile device for uploading. Until recently, I could fool them by emulating an iPhone on my desktop computer but that doesn't work anymore. Besides, Instagram is owned by fb.

So, if anyone can recommend a free social media site that is popular but doesn't have undesirable "baggage" behind the scenes please let me know.

For Zee items on hobbyDB I am deliberately holding off on making new posts for cars and trucks since those are pretty well covered. Instead, I'm showing what I have on other categories. I think the next one might be Metal Man — a line of small die-cast and plastic robots.

Charley

·
Administrator
28,230 Posts
Sounds good to me!

And thanks for adding the information to the www. I dont know of a social media site that has ever lasted long enough to be an archival type of place for information. Or hasnt changed the rules along the way as you describe.

We have a written and verbal pledge from Vertical Scope to have this be a permanent home for HobbyTalk if you want to keep adding to the information we have here already.. And as always we welcome new images and information on your individual collections - even if it has already been posted about by others before!

·
Registered
368 Posts
So, if anyone can recommend a free social media site that is popular but doesn't have undesirable "baggage" behind the scenes please let me know.
Really the only one on my radar other than Facebook is Twitter. They're not perfect by any stretch either, but IMO they're a bit better than Facebook. I don't know that the format is suited very well to what you're doing with Zee, though.

We have a written and verbal pledge from Vertical Scope to have this be a permanent home for HobbyTalk if you want to keep adding to the information we have here already.. And as always we welcome new images and information on your individual collections - even if it has already been posted about by others before!
I'll second HobbyTalk as a good place to host the info along with hobbyDB ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts