Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I already know that many of the NE oval tracks have their own threads, but I wanted to start this one to entice those who have not ventured out to other tracks. I have recently been invited to several New England tracks by fellow racers to spectate and in time join their race program. I know people will say that if they are from one type of track (ie. banked) then they dont want to drive on a flat track because the racing "wont be fast enough" or "wont be close enough" for their taste. or a flat track racer saying that findsing the setup for that banked track is just to hard for them. Also, I have talked with a few racers who felt that getting in time on a practice track (going from flat to banked) was hard because you didnt want to wreck a hot shot who was racing a faster class than you. I have only raced at a few tracks, but when I asked the race director, they would set aside some time for the "super beginners" to get their cars sorted out. This would alow you and your friends from your track, or those who have just begun racing, to figure out how to adjust your driving style to a banked track, or how to turn all togeather. If you just ask, you could probally get the track to yourself if it is wished. Addressing issue one: On many flat tracks, their may not be as much speed as on a banked track. These tracks stress tuning, which is a skill which will benifit you on any track, any class, any type of racing. You are nto able to carry as much speed through the corner, so squeezing that last tenth out of your corner entry would end up giving you a lap and a half or two laps at the end of the race. Issue two: People somtimes will bring up that they wont be raady to run by race time, and would just slow down the normal race crew. well, how did you start racing to begin with? Did you put your car down on the track, and suddenly drive the foam off the tires? It may take a trip or two to get your car running well, but after that, its probally going to be some of the best racing youve ever done. If your car gets into a wall the first or second run, dont assume people are trying to take you out, or dont want you racing. racing is racing, anywhere you go. you can probally avoid some of the wrecks at your local track because you know the driving style of the racers around you. thats a two way street too. you need to give to guys youre racing with some time to get used to you before you start running door to door with them.
New England racers, please start branching out to different tracks. If you didnt like racing after a few races, at least you tried.
Dave
PS:
www.lakesregionrc.com
www.106racepark.com
Maine Central Rc Speedway
K & N Rc Speedway
are all some great tracks Ive personaly raced at.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
not in new england but close Lakecity r/c raceway in Plattsburgh NY the best little short track in the northeast,great lighting,great food,great racing,and we have free entertainment BUCKY what more could a person want.

Dan Dubuque
ps we also put on a GREAT trophy race

1 - 4 of 4 Posts