Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New e-pay scam: I just got an email from someone who appeared to be asking a question regarding the shipping charges for an item to California. In it was the normal Respond Now button that would take me to my e-pay account. Since I’m in the US, and the shipping charges for all my items are in the listings, I double checked the item number and not only was it not one of my items, it wasn’t even a legitimate item number.

In addition, most of the time the sender of one of these will appear as “epay member:username” but in this case it was only “epay member.” Other than that the email looked just like the legitimate ones.

BE CAREFUL, folks. These guys are getting worse. This one almost got me.

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
yea these guys are gettin better at rippin ya off ya got to question everything any more thanks for the heads up ttfn johnny :cool:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
ECchopper said:
Yes, thanks for the heads up. Remember, though, legitimate e*ay or paypal emails will ALWAYS use your real name.
When in doubt, forward suspicious emails to
[email protected] or [email protected]
Always good info, also any email from e-bay will appear in the My Messages section of your My E-bay page. If it's not there, it's not from E-bay. It's that simple.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yeah if these smucks would put more effort in getting real jobs instead of trying to rip off hard working people all the time!!!! Man this kind of crap really burns my backside!!! :mad:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I get those things all the time.I always do a search for the item # they`re referring to first.Everytime so far it was an item that doesn`t exist.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
cool! cool! i got one too!!!

Hi,
What is the Shipping cost to CA USA ?
Thank you,
Marina
eBay sent this message to you from Stanley Muller (Marina) .
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Question about Item -- Respond Now
eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will not reach the eBay member.Use the Respond Now button below to respond to this message

Question from Marina

About This Member
Marina( 298)
Positive Feedback: 100%
Registered On: www.ebay.com

Hi,
What is the Shipping cost to CA USA ?
Thank you,
Marina

Thank you for using eBay!

Marketplace Safety Tip

Always remember to complete your transactions on eBay - it`s the safer way to trade.

Is this message an offer to buy your item directly through email without winning the item on eBay? If so, please help make the eBay marketplace safer by reporting it to us. These "outside of eBay" transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy. Learn more about trading safely.

Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the community by reporting it.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Copyright © 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

The HTML graphics in this message have been blocked. [Show HTML Graphics - Edit Preferences]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts