Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The Dodge Viper unfortunately is not an Ultra Red. It looks extremely close to one, but the Ultra Red Viper does have the white stripes. If you go to:
www.autoworldgarage.com
you can click on each release to look at what the various colors are, as well as which Ultra Reds have white and which don't. For each car it shows the color for Set A, Set B, and the Ultra Red. The Viper came in yellow and the ALMOST Ultra Red color red (as that's a factory Dodge color), while the Ultra Red is just ever so slightly a different shade but with the white stripes.

Good info, as on epay there are both versions listed the one with stripes and the ones without and get this they are all listed as ultra reds. Someones gonna get taken for a ride! And its not going to be a good one :(

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Ive seen plenty of the candy red vipers , so I assumed they were not chases - being why there were so many on the pegs . I do like the yellow one ..
Ive seen a couple R3 cars at Hobby Lobby , but they are ones I already have . ( Including a blue Eldorado ) ..

Still wonder what happened to the basic line for R3 ???
There was to be a 67 ElCamino & 70 Cougar that I wanted ....

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ive seen plenty of the candy red vipers , so I assumed they were not chases - being why there were so many on the pegs . I do like the yellow one ..
Ive seen a couple R3 cars at Hobby Lobby , but they are ones I already have . ( Including a blue Eldorado ) ..

Still wonder what happened to the basic line for R3 ???
There was to be a 67 ElCamino & 70 Cougar that I wanted ....
Good point! Still waiting for these as well!

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
I just picked up my second red Eldorado this evening and, if you're any kind of Bill Mitchell fan, committed sacrilege on it. Cadillac Division never built an Eldorado convertible in 1967, but that didn't stop me from decapitating the little darlin'! Even though the roofline flows so well with the rest of the coachwork, I think G.M. missed the boat by not offering a droptop version of this classic. At the moment, the top boot is giving me some trouble. I'd love for it to have a hard parade boot but matching that shade of red looks well nigh impossible. Stay tuned to the Customs section for updates and photos. This is my 4th Auto World convertible conversion (after a blue '66 Impala SS, a blue '69 Firebird, and a turquoise'61 Dodge Dart Phoenix); this Caddy may be the best one yet.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts