Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this a.m. at Hobby Lobby. I think someone had looked at it as it was laying on the shelf and was not pegged. No white trim but checking the AW garage sight shows the same one as an ultra red. The other colors are light metallic blue and metallic copper.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I received the 69 Chevy wagon RED in the mail today and it has no white features either. I guess AW did away with it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Congrats! That's one I really hope to find. At this point, I'm just dying to find even the regular version of that Cadillac, been checking every Hobby Lobby I pass, lots of release 3 but no luck on that one yet. As for the stripe, they do still have plenty of Ultra Reds in release 3 with the white stripes. It's always been a mix of some with and some without. Here is a picture of all but one of mine, two have no white anywhere, 6 are red and white, and two are red white and black.

And the most recent one is this release 3 Mach 1 I found at Hobby Lobby, it's just red and black with no white anywhere.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Congrats!

Those look really nice loose! I have yet to run across one, but not too worried about it until they release the '72 Challenger. Then an Ultra Red and Raw will have to find their way into my collection :)

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Very nice score! :thumbsup:

I have not seen any release 3 at retail in my area. Like others, I've seen restocks at WM of release 1 and 2 cars - found a '69 T/A UR the other day. (it's for sale). Where's release three??? :confused::freak:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
VERY glad AW had the good sense not to put a white stripe on it!!!!!

And thank you for the info 96gsfan - can't wait to see it in copper!

One of the few US 1:1s I've wanted and never owned...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The Dodge Viper unfortunately is not an Ultra Red. It looks extremely close to one, but the Ultra Red Viper does have the white stripes. If you go to:
www.autoworldgarage.com
you can click on each release to look at what the various colors are, as well as which Ultra Reds have white and which don't. For each car it shows the color for Set A, Set B, and the Ultra Red. The Viper came in yellow and the ALMOST Ultra Red color red (as that's a factory Dodge color), while the Ultra Red is just ever so slightly a different shade but with the white stripes.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Cool thanks for the info, that explains why I found it. HAHA Ebay had one just like it without white stripes and it was listed as an ultra, leading me astray. Now I can free it from the packaging.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts

And the most recent one is this release 3 Mach 1 I found at Hobby Lobby, it's just red and black with no white anywhere.
Though there is a pinch of white on the Mach 1, I can't get over how much better the black looks than the white.

GREAT collection TR250!

And some great work on this casting AW! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts