Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
mcastor11 said:
I like the Terminator, but the draw back is how much this thing weigh out at. I ran it a Mr. Dirt at Krans last year, EDM body and Ready to race, 5 lbs.
I have tried to run it without the Alum nose and it wont keep the wheels on the ground.
As far as which one...You have to look at the track rules..Some places say your chassy has to have a Kick up front end. (Term. B-2,3,4 XXX and so ON) In that case you couldnt run the Inteminator. They are both great cars. I cant say anything about the Grand car. I have never seen one in action.

But the NEW CW cars are due out soon I quess. The date keeps getting pushed back. I can remeber when they were to begin shipping in Mar 04...Any ways the track is the key.

5LBS?????? What the heck did you have in that car? The majority of the guys in this area run Terminators and they don't even come close to that weight.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Usally you can find a Used one for $50-200.. Or Krasles is the place....

On my car the body my friend had on ite weighed 1 lbs by its self.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
its a direct drive intimidator with a stealth tranny mashed in between the outdrive "posts".

The Grand Motorsports HB30 is junk. The adjustable castor idea is nice, but when your shock tower stays stationary, its worthless, because unless the shocks are parrallel with the tower, they will bind.

·
Registered
657 Posts
rimrider,
if i can ever get my computer at home working again i will send u pics. heck i'll have jerry take some pics this coming weekend. i'll have him post them too. i'll be at jacksonville illinois this weekend if u wanna see it. personally i like it alot better than the other cars out ther right know.

·
Registered
348 Posts
P Cooper said:
Hey guys I must agree with ptown20 on the new Custom Works GBX car. We have been working very hard on this car and all the effort is paying off. When it is released everyone will be very happy with the final product believe me. This new car has some very important tuning features that the other cars on the market do not have. It is a very adjustable car that will work on all types of track surfaces and under any conditions. Remember this is a purpose built gear box car not a bellyacher so you really cannot compare the two. I have been running the prototype GBX car all summer and when it is released it will be an excellent car for all types of dirt oval racing.

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

Phil Cooper
Hey Phil, anything new on the GBX release date yet? Also, have you tried the prototype on carpet yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wazzer to answer your questions, no I have not run this car on carpet yet. Right now it is outdoor season and all the tracks in our area run either dirt or asphalt. Once the season ends we will be running some carpet with the car and I expect excellent results. As far as a release date we were talking about this just yesterday and the only hold up right now is the graphite. From what I was told they will be receiving the graphite any day now and the kits are expected to be in the hobby shops by the end of August. Wazzer and anyone else reading this thread do not hold me responsibile if they are not, but that is the plan.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Phil Cooper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,

I just picked up a terminator! Any tips on carpet, and dirt set ups. Just some good starting points. Also, Purple foams for carpet, and Silver for dirt??

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Setup:

35 or 40 wt in all 4 shocks, #2 pistons up front, #3 pistons in the rear. Associated buggy silver springs up front, 10# springs in the back. Tires....depends on the track...Silvers wear will wear fast but provide lots of traction. Id recommend either BSR Silvers, Pinks or 30s on dirt.

Carpet...I ran mine only once on a flat carpet oval, ran 60 wt oil w/ the same pistons and TC3 copper and red springs. I think i ran a combo of Purple and Rad C tires, but it was a few years ago so dont qoute me on that.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Also, consider converting the car with either a Putnam Propulsion Pro-kit or a Getback RC conversion kit. The chassis offset the batteries farther to the left and help make the car more consistent.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts