Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Same 34' Ford Hotwheels as above but finished. along with another in progress car. OPINIONS PLEASE :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx, I am trying to keep these as much realistic I as I can. As far as the Rat Rods go. Nasty and low to the ground.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are Front Wheels/Tires from the Muscle Machines. I bought all I could at the Dollar General for a $1.00. Now I was going to post this later but here we go, If you take the Muscle Machines apart to get to the wheels you will notice that the wheel come apart in 3 peices. Tire, inner Wheel, outer wheel. Cut the existing axle, take wheel apart to get the axle out of the wheel. I bought some rod from my local hobby shop. to beef up the axles. They are a little bigger than the originals. They will fit tight with a twisting motion into the plastic wheel. You can glue these because of the next step. I use hot wheels so I cut the metal tabs out of original axle area. I use little hollow pins. I had some at work not sure what they are called. you the side of a drill bit to make room for the pin Glue into place using a type of super glue used to glue tires to rims on Proffesional R.C. Cars. This stuff is ten times stronger than super glue. Glue 1 tire to axle slide through then glue other tire. WOW that sound confusing but it real quite easy. You can do this to any car. I was trying to figure out wider wheel base to get the rat Rod look. Works great. I will post some PICS later. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :thumbsup:

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
man those look mean :thumbsup: almost smell the rubber burnin kutgw ttfn johnny :cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, In Progress as in not finished with the fabracation :thumbsup: A lot of work goes in to these

THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts