Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in a Cracker Barrell this past Friday and expected to find the usual Retro Rods and Woodys & Panels.......But I found repacks of the Street Freak Rebel Rods in the boxes. Didn't find any w/l's but found some with RR's and a lot of engine variations. Just wondering if any of you had seen these too!

Also stopped in the Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville Tenn. and low and behold.....not one but two of the Vanishing Point Challengers. One was a stunt car which was pretty banged up, the other was in excellent shape and was used for close up camera shots. With about 90 or so cars there, a bunch had been reproduced in the JL version.....sure would be nice to see that White Challenger in 1/64!

:wave:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Yep, I found those Rebel Rod repacks too. No WL's but I grabbed 2 with RR's.

And I'd like to see that Challenger too.....and who knows, maybe we will!

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Passed a few CBs on last week's road trip to Vermont but didn't stop at any. Tried to honor the wife's "no cars" request for the couple days, and succeded for the most part. I'm sure the CBs are well covered by locals in their areas though.

Congrats on the finds!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
wawaallen said:
the Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville Tenn.
That place is great! I don't live too far from it, so I try to go once a year or so. There is always something great to see there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That Muscle Car Museum has some great cars. The two times that I have been there, there was only one VP Challenger. Now I may have to make a 4 hour trip to see that. What was your favorite car there?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Favorite car there was the Dale Earnhardt edition Camaro. Only 83 of these made. It's really hard to pick one particular favorite with all the prime examples he's got there, some of everything whether you like Ford, Chevy, or Mopar.

:wave:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
wawaallen said:
It's really hard to pick one particular favorite with all the prime examples he's got there, some of everything whether you like Ford, Chevy, or Mopar.
Very true. Tough to pick just one. And he changes the cars up from time-to-time, so there's always something different in there.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
all this talk about cracker barrell is making me hungry,,,,,time to go eat,,,,,,,

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I visited that museum in early 2001, and was most impressed by the LS-6 convertible Chevelle, and that '69 Trans Am convertible. Are they still there?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Neither of those was there Wyatt. From the pic on the website, that Chevelle was orange and I'd remember that and I would have loved to see that 69 Bird.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts