Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Fellow Modelers, I am intrested in your input regarding a new model product I would like to start producing. I have designed a few styles of modern city buildings in a few different scales, the one in the photos is a prototype and in "Z" scale. We used http://www.paragrafix.biz/ easy light strip for the lighting system. The kits will be made of high quaility laser cut acrlic, All windows are pre cut, standard 4 wall construction for easy build up. Size of building can be 6"to3' feet tall. Pricing for a small "Z" scale city building start around $20.00... I would like a your feedback to see if there is enough intrest to move forward into production? Are scales we are planning for are HO, N, Z scale... Thanks for looking, Randy Neubert / VoodooFX

·
Premium Member
Models - Horror Figures and Science Fiction
6,034 Posts
I would like to see buildings in 1/24(25) and 1/32 scales. There are lots of 1/35 scale building sets made for armor dioramas, but they're usually battle damaged and unsuitable for any other purpose - unless you're you're creating a giant monster scene. But some simple US street scenes would be very welcome. They wouldn't necessarily require lighting, just provide a nice backdrop for one's Batmobile, Munster's Koach, etc.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I also would prefer 1/48 to 1/24 scale buildings as there are a number of smaller buildings on the market in the common train scales (HO, Z, N etc) already. Cool looking products, though.

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
I've been planning on doing a Godzilla dio for some time, now. This would be perfect for either an undamaged building in the background--or to kitbash battle damage onto it.

Either way, I think doing something like this is a great idea, thanks to all the diorama possibilities that it creates.

Sean

·
Registered
646 Posts
Why not try advertising your idea to a model railroad website and or traction ( trolley car ) modelers are always looking for building models as they usually model city's with the trolleys running through them in HO and O scales. Karl

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also would prefer 1/48 to 1/24 scale buildings as there are a number of smaller buildings on the market in the common train scales (HO, Z, N etc) already. Cool looking products, though.
Thanks for your input, We can make a large scale 24" tall city building, but the real question I ask is would builders pay $60-$80 for a large scale kit???

·
Registered
646 Posts
You could contact an online modelers group for starters there's Subchat a web site that has modelers who model railroad as well as trolleys and subway modeling, it a free website but you need to register to post questions. Karl

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Karl for your input, I have already posted in a few forms for model railroad... It seems there is not much intrest for medium & large scale city building?

·
Registered
646 Posts
You could try :
the nyc_transit_modelers_group these guys model cities for their traction layouts and the nj high-railers group a large railroad club. Karl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts