Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I would have to pass. The rear wheel wells are lower than the front. Makes it look like the front tires are bigger than the back ones. Fix that and the front nose clip and resubmit for my approval.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I forgot their name...but there was a company retrofitting late model GTOs and marketing them as 454 SSs'...if I recall. Interesting...take a lame looking GTO...dump in another $20,000 and end up with a lamer GTO....;)

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I like it. At first I thought it looked Australian; then I realized that the roofline gives it away as a GTO, which began life as a Holden Monaro. Maybe that's why I like it, although I think that the roofline should be a little more angular to properly represent the Chevelle lineage.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Definitely a GTO under there. I like the rear end and the basic shape but the '72 front end just looks totally wrong. Take a '66 front end, recess the whole assembly and equip with hidden headlights, dump the boy racer aero crap on the rockers and then they might have something... :cool:

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Like the Camaro, it lacks something. The only thing that reminds me of a Chevelle is the hood line and the back quarter panels. I agree the roof needs more of a Chevelle look as well. I'd of gone with a more '68 look for my taste. Maybe making it a "faster back" than the '68 but with the same lines. That was the best looking Chevelle to date. I like the '64 & 5 but they wouldn't lend themselves to an update very readily. I like the stagger of the wheel well openings on this one; its different. I don't know who is working on the grills at Chevy but they need to kick his butt to the curb.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts