Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Sprint Car & GN Chassis for this year

Here is a sneek peek of a prototype GN,Sportsmen,Busch chassis I am fabricating for racing next year, not done with it yet eh

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is very possible but not sure. I have been thinking about it but I have been so busy at work I only have 1 or 2 days to work on them a week. Im also going to be fabricating a sprint car chassis too this winter.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its similar but different, im working on a few things to make it better eh.
Ill let ya know if I decide to sell any

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Will you be making your own A-arms & trailing arms or go with WCM originals? What are you adding or taking away that makes it different from the K1E chassis?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nice work!!! Are you going to braze or Tig it? Did you use a jig?

Tanner
Thanks I think I will be brazing them it makes for a more flexible joint instead iof being brittle eh
No jig yet just lots of measuring. When I decide to do a run of them I will definitly make a jig eh

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Will you be making your own A-arms & trailing arms or go with WCM originals? What are you adding or taking away that makes it different from the K1E chassis?

Thanks
Not real sure yet, havnt gotten that far but I think they will be different and better for the GN & Sprint Chassis will be straighter, stronger, maybe some more adjustibilty, more cross bracing on the impact points etc etc like I say I havnt got that far yet eh . Ill keep ya guys updated as I prototype eh
If you guys have anything else you would like to see on a Sprint Car, GN, Sportsmen, Busch chassis LMK eh

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I like shock posts(Pro1 style) vs shock towers. To me, the adjustment is easier & quicker.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply.
Not real sure yet, havnt gotten that far but I think they will be different and better for the GN & Sprint Chassis will be straighter, stronger, maybe some more adjustibilty, more cross bracing on the impact points etc etc like I say I havnt got that far yet eh . Ill keep ya guys updated as I prototype eh
If you guys have anything else you would like to see on a Sprint Car, GN, Sportsmen, Busch chassis LMK eh
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
10-4, on the plowing. We'll be waiting....LOL. :thumbsup:
Not really I was pretty busy at work plowing snow last week/weekend but if it dont snow this weekend maybe eh just about have a gn chassis done for the 1st prototype
thanks

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
package deal 2 cars /skellenger rear end and gears

Got myself 2 more cars 1 with a skellenger rear end and a complete set of gears to go with it :thumbsup:and a bunch of parts
cars are a little rough ok real rough price was right eh

Does anyone know what chassis these are and what year???

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a unique shock mount setup. No more bent towers..huh?:)
Thats what im shooting for eh, stronger more reliable cars GN, Sprints with more parts that can be replaced easy if broken or bent eh:thumbsup:
More to come maybe next weekend stay tuned.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts