Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard which release will be the first to have a new casting (or castings)? I saw that one of the on-line diecast blogs mentioned "new castings after they build up some momentum in sales."

I thought you had to spend money to make money. Seems to me that the best way to build momentum would have been to come right out of the starting gate with at least one new casting. (Or at least one new variation on an old casting besides just new colors.)

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Since there are not many posts here lately, don't know if I saw a new release or not, but saw the new ones for the first time yesterday in a Walmart...

Saw a yellow 69 Corvette that looked smaller than all the others...almost looked like ACTUAL 1/64th scale!... is this a new casting?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
The 69 Corvette has been done a couple of times by Muscle Machines. It's one of my faves. Reading the OP's thread about new castings coming out after they build momentum in sales worries me. MM collectors are far and few compared to other diecast manufacturers. Judging my the amount of 12.1 cars still hanging at all the stores around here, I'm not sure the momentum part is happening. Hopefully they are selling strong elsewhere. I'm waiting on the 12.2 series to show up here but feel like that may be a while.......

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just started collecting...bought 80 of them for $30. Love them. Looking forward to more coming out. Please keep the info coming if you learn of anything.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
According to Fred at 1 Stop;

For 2013,
"There will be 5 1/64th scale releases with each release featuring a
Brand New Casting!"

·
Registered
404 Posts
No. Plankowner is right. At least in the first two releases of MM (which is all there have been) there are no new castings, just repaints of old MM casts.
Thanks for the input. I'm not aware of all that has gone on and why they have been discontinued a few times. Would like to get that story some time.

I have a Blue truck MM I don't really care for as the front is too high. I then came accross this modified one on ebay and i think it looks way better. This is likely my next project but I will make sure it still rolls.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-SLAMMED-53-CHEVY-W-GRAPHICS-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-MUSCLE-MACHINES-4U/281004084433?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=018&category=223&cmd=ViewItem

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see pics of 12.3 are out (actually they have been out for a while and I just realized it…).

Anyhoo, once again no new castings. They brought back the old 65 Chevelle wagon casting and I was hoping we would see it with exposed engine this time, since I believe it has only been released with a full hood so far. But no, another full hood version, with some weird paint scheme I wouldn't have bought anyway to boot.

I am not (yet) amused.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I know little about these. other than they are out again.
they are all over the place here.
saw a chase yesterday. a red and black cuda i believe. totally different than the regular version.
obviously a maisto product as they did all their chases in the same type. black and red tire and decor.
or black and gray tires.

left it as i don't collect any longer. but even so, 5.00 plus tax. way to much $$.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I be willing to pay $5 for a new casting or a proper variation of an old casting, but no such luck.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
the chase cuda from the i believe 3 run was still in tru sunday. (most all were still there)
if someone is interested you can make me an offer if you want it (the chase) bad enough. if it's still there.
i rarely go out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts