Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all of you who posted pics from fest for those of us who couldn't be there. So what was the final tally of new castings announced at the fest? I saw:
Amc Gremlin (I prefer the '70-'73 models, but would love for jl to change up the changing to allow for 74-later models as shown at the banquet. I will buy many of these.
Ford Pinto (Again I prefer the '71-'75 style, but will buy more if they adjust the casting and do later pintos also)
2005 Ford GT
2005 Mustang GT
'66-67 Nova (Excellent!!)
early Split Window VW bug
VW Bus Panel

Where there any more announced?? I still feel they are missing good Cutlass castings for the 66-69 and '70-72 cars.
Other cars I'd like to see ('78 TBird, '60Chrysler or DeSoto, Vega, 74 Matador X, Maverick, '58 Edsel, '59 Pontiac, BMW 2002Tii, Datsun 510, Cordoba/Magnum/Mirada, '71 Charger RT, '66-67 Coronet RT and....) would all be nice, but I trust they will come in good time. I need something to look forward to in 2006.

Were there other new castings announced on this board that I missed??

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I would also like to see a 74 Matador X Slimwhitman, I own a metallic green one. I will try to post a picture of it this weekend ,also a picture of my 73 Mercury Montego MX that has a GT hood on it.

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
There's also a 69 Dart coming and they're doing a new 70 Super Bee casting. Finally getting rid of the one from Muscle Cars 1.

They also showed a glimpse of a new and as yet un-announced GM casting. It was showed in a display case covered with paper with only the right front wheel exposed. Or was it left rear? What could it be and is really a GM casting as I was told? I don't know for sure but I think it's the new H-3 that they said was coming but had no new picture of.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IHI Scout, '66 Chevy PU, Falcon Ranchero

What ever happened to those castings we were shown over a year ago of the IHI Scout, '66 Chevy PU, Falcon Ranchero?? I would love to see them.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Here are the ones I remember seeing:

Gremlin
Pinto (The slide said, and I quote, "THIS IS NOT A JOKE!")
Maverick Grabber
Vega (Cosworth was mentioned as a possibility)
'05 Mustang
Ford GT
'65-'66 Impala
'66-'67 Nova
'65-'66 Mustang fastback
'61-'62 Lincoln Continental
'80 Toyota Land Cruiser
Bronco is coming
Falcon Ranchero and panel are coming
'62 Corvair Monza convertible and coupe
There are a couple of others I'm forgetting (I think there was a '59 Chevy but I'm not 100% sure)

And a few new recasts:

NEW Superbird casting
NEW Super Bee casting
NEW '80s Grand National casting

I can see I may as well just get my paychecks direct deposited into Playing Mantis/RC2's bank account, because I'm going to be buying lots of cars next year!

And yes, I gave the Pinto and Gremlin a standing ovation at the Fest. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
'60s Pickup was shown with two variations- slabside and flareside.

The Scout was not shown. However, I'm sure Playing Mantis didn't let all their cats out of the bag at the dinner, so maybe this one is on the way too? Only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Awesome...if you are interested, I posted the 2005 Matchbox releases in the general diecast section of this website:)

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
NovaSS said:
Don't forget the 69-72 HO. And 6 new 1:18 muscle cars - forgot what they were.
Oh yeah! The '70-'72 Oldsmobile Cutlass/442 casting has been updated also.

And new Volkswagens are coming out, including the '50 split window, '75 Super Beetle convertible, and a new casting of the '64 delivery bus.

·
Registered
487 Posts
And finally a '65 Riviera. It would be nice if they could do the '63-'64 models as well. Gorgeous design.

Plus the 1:43 scale stuff on the way. A JL-quality line in this scale should be something to see.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts