Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
The new VW Scirocco, right. Looks cool.
sure about that?
I'm an Import fan and the last time I read about the revival of the Scirocco mentioned, it wasn't a hatchback, was supremely ugly and wasn't even coming to the US...strictly a Euro thing...and the writer was glad is wasn't coming here

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
sure about that?
I'm an Import fan and the last time I read about the revival of the Scirocco mentioned, it wasn't a hatchback, was supremely ugly and wasn't even coming to the US...strictly a Euro thing...and the writer was glad is wasn't coming here
Pretty sure, actually. I saw the review on Top Gear and the new Scirocco is based on the same platform as the current Golf GTI. I still have the video review on my computer. The one I saw sure looked like a hot hatch. You're right, though. It's not coming stateside. Something about not wanting it to affect the sales of Golf GTIs. Also, I'm not sure I agree with the writer of that review. It's a beautiful-looking car, although it isn't as practical as the Golf GTI, in terms of usable interior space. If I could afford it, I would get it.

Here is a pic I got from egmCarTech. Looks like the same car to me:

link to the site:http://www.egmcartech.com/2008/06/16/2009-volkswagen-scirocco-pricing-announced/

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Yea, my bad...didn't know a hatch existed. I think the article I saw was a while ago and the car they showed was from a front /quarter side view and it looked bad. Maybe they have, or were planning to have a 2 door coupe... this one probably looked like the same front end, but the roof line kinda sloped straight to the tallights right where the side window ended.
The article was in like Modified or Sport Compact car magazine, and they kinda look toward the modifying aspect of the small cars, they don't seem to be very fond of Euro stuff in those magazines either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts