Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people on "that other site" have said they'd been finding current cases which have older (early 2012) regular Treasure Hunts in them. Overstock that Mattel is trying to unload before their "new and improved" hidden scheme comes into play?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I have seen several posts over at HWC concerning the new dump bins hitting Walmarts with the new Q cases in which has been found the Tyrell and Willys regular hunts. A friend of mine this morning told me he talked to the local doorwarmer retired guy in his area this morning and the old guy had told him that he had found a Ranchero hunt at Target this morning. My friend went to the same store a short time later to see that they had stocked the newest assortment. He said "I think the old man's lyin' to me!" I explained what was going on and it all makes sense. I guess that SO many of the regular Chevelle hunts went into the Kdays cases that they ran out and now they are using NOS regular hunts. I opened a dump bin at my Walmart last night, no old regulars, just Chevelles and a couple of $uper Chargers, no old hunts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have seen several posts over at HWC concerning the new dump bins hitting Walmarts with the new Q cases in which has been found the Tyrell and Willys regular hunts. A friend of mine this morning told me he talked to the local doorwarmer retired guy in his area this morning and the old guy had told him that he had found a Ranchero hunt at Target this morning. My friend went to the same store a short time later to see that they had stocked the newest assortment. He said "I think the old man's lyin' to me!" I explained what was going on and it all makes sense. I guess that SO many of the regular Chevelle hunts went into the Kdays cases that they ran out and now they are using NOS regular hunts. I opened a dump bin at my Walmart last night, no old regulars, just Chevelles and a couple of Chargers, no old hunts.
at my local dollar store i found the tyrrell thunt on the pegs and the assortment was reminiscent of the P case....so i have to believe that mattel is definitely inserting older thunts into newer 2012 cases.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You will start seeing Mattel dumping all their old stock at Walmart Target TRU Kmart etc in the next couple of months... Happens every year with Mattel so they can bring out the next years release. If you are a person who just started or you take your time collecting HWs, then this is a great way for you to catch up in obtaining the pieces you may have missed as they will start popping up at the Big Chain stores and the Discount stores like Family Dollar - DT - Big Lots etc...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Went too the Target in Harper Woods MI. yesterday, the finally put out some new HW, found a 2011 Charger Super.
Allright my first TH! And it's a Mopar Super!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone check the cards on those "old" Treasure Hunts? Are the codes (by the hook) current (Q) or are they old?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone check the cards on those "old" Treasure Hunts? Are the codes (by the hook) current (Q) or are they old?
They don't say "q" they have their original case codes. And I personally think Mattel didnt make that many of the last two treasure hunts because they knew they had a lot of the older case code ones. I found 5 ford focus supers and not one of them had the 92 mustang.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts