Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, you read it right, RC Racing and Sports Complex is opening a carpet oval and road course track in the very near future. The track will be located at 7868 Groveport Road, Groveport, Ohio. Phone #614-778-9691. Website: www.enhobbies.com. They have an outdoor offroad track that is opening up tomorrow. They have a hobby store at the Gender Road Shopping Center, south of the Kroger Store. Brad, Dave, Christie, Tom, and Mrs. Dutton would love to hear from you. I have talked to them this week and they are very, very serious about this project and are moving very quickly to get the carpet and other essentials in place. What a breath of fresh air to have a local track close by again. Later, Jim Workman

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been spreading the word. Please reply to this post to keep it active in everyone's view. We need to keep the word out to the locals and those that have raced at Pit Road in the past.... The excitementis definitely brewing... Later, Jim:thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new here and I've been looking for something near Columbus! This is great news! I raced in FL about a year ago, and raced for quite a few years back in Phoenix, and I'm itching to race again.

The last time I raced was 4 cell 10.5, but I'd like to race Lipo now, any idea what the classes will be here? I'm not totally familiar with the Lipo rules, so I'd need to know what to get to be ready for it!

Thanks for any info, I'm really looking forward to this!

Mike

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing is set in stone as of yet, but I would follow BRL Rules to play it safe. Welcome to the area.:wave: Jim

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like interest is increasing. Keep on watching and maybe just maybe we can aid the building process..;) Later, Jim

·
Registered
268 Posts
I visited the complex and ran some laps on the off-road course Saturday.I'm excited to have a carpet track in the area again.I hope to see a lot of the pit road crowd there.The off-road track is nice,the people are very friendly and seem to be very serious about their plans for this complex.I have been spreading the word locally and would be happy to help in any way that I can.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Jim, I think that this facility has a great deal of potential. I can't wait to turn some carpet against you man!! Later, the other Jim:hat:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any rough idea when the carpet will be down? It's just my luck that I will most likely be moving in the beginning of November back to FL, so it would be nice to run a couple of times before then if possible!

Do you guys know if the shop has much available for pan cars yet? I'd rather buy from there right now than order online. I stopped by on Sunday, but they were closed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Boy I sure hope so.It will be fun racing with some of the old Pitroad crowd.I looked it up on map quest 1hr 33min.That's about what it was to Pitroad:thumbsup:Let me know what classes they will be running,I havn't put anything together yet.I will how ever have 1 or 2 Outlaw Legends I would like to try there.I know Thad would be in for some OutLaw Legends:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Mike, sad to hear that you will be going south. I don't what distributors they are dealing with right now. Give them a call and maybe they can assist you. Hey Gabby, that's great to hear. Can't wait to run with you on carpet again just like old P R times. I may be finished on dirt for the season. Later, Jim

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are done with dirt for the season Jim,we still have a couple of weeks left at the hoop.I'm excited to get back to carpet though,can't wait to get me some.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Hey Mike, sad to hear that you will be going south. I don't what distributors they are dealing with right now. Give them a call and maybe they can assist you. Hey Gabby, that's great to hear. Can't wait to run with you on carpet again just like old P R times. I may be finished on dirt for the season. Later, Jim
Yea Jim, you can't give up yet.I'm going to run for at least 2 more weekends maybe 3.Then I'm gettin ready to come get me some on the new Carpet:thumbsup:
PS:I should have New Hyper9 ready for this weekend.Can't wait:dude:s

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I need a little break before the carpet season begins. Feminine influence might be the cause. I really had a great time this summer and looking forward to get on the "huge hoop" next summer. Can't wait for this new track to get going.. Later, Jim

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'll see ya when the new carpet is ready,Jim.You better polish your king pins and lube your bearings,cause I'm gonna be gunning for ya.I'll rub doors with the #41 car and eat an extra hoop dog for ya Sunday.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Jim, that's what friends are for. Man, I can not wait for this track to get up and running. From the looks at the number of views on this thread it looks like other racers are keen on running there as well. Later, the other Jim....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow... From the looks of things, racers are getting anxious about racing at this new track. Keep watching for updates. Thanks, Jim:thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great to hear from you guys... Kevin, I have Keith's old ksg stuff if you are interested.. Later, Jim:)

1 - 20 of 436 Posts