Hobbyist Forums banner
41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think weekday evenings would be awesome but thats just me :) Im still awaiting another update on the track. last i heard was when jcar chimed in and said we will be running on crc carpet :) altho the sampel the owner showed me when i went in a few weeks back was not crc carpet I am glad to hear that we will be running on the good stuff :)

THANKS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dark they just got that crc sample like wed or thurs of last week, I was there saturday morning, not friday like I first posted. All the days run together anymore.:freak: Anyway, like I said as soon as they get the good word back from the fire marshal it will be go time on the track.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Another note, I did talk to them about race days and they are pretty much just looking fo rinput as to what everyone would like to do. Being here in Dayton and having a couple tracks here in pretty close range and I suggested that maybe the would want to run an opposite schedule to the tracks they would be competeing with. Since they are also going to run oval on the same track that throws more into scheduling conflicts. So as far as what days to race we just need to let them know what day would be good for everyone. I suggested saturday for onroad and sunday for oval. They are also open to running on weekday evenings.
I am from Cleveland, we at the Gate, race every other sat here and the opposite weekends go to Beaver. But I would be willing to race the opposite saturdays down there for 1/12th stock, and would be bringing at least 1 or 2 others with me

·
Registered
93 Posts
Got an update from the powers that be yesterday. They are going to run a free oval test this sunday from 12-5. They are still having problems getting the carpet approved, so they are putting traction compound on the bare concrete and testing that out for now. I wont be able to stop by and check it out due to prior commitments, but I encourage anybody that can go to do so and give your feedback.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got an update from the powers that be yesterday. They are going to run a free oval test this sunday from 12-5. They are still having problems getting the carpet approved, so they are putting traction compound on the bare concrete and testing that out for now. I wont be able to stop by and check it out due to prior commitments, but I encourage anybody that can go to do so and give your feedback.
Has the fire marshall/codes guy tested the the traction compound to approve it? He better test the lipos to see if they are safe. Hobby store stock nitro fuel?? Oh my god, a threat to society!

Sounds like you guys ran into a town/city that has nothing better to do than drive a small business crazy with a bunch a BS.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well looks like the oval test on concrete was favorable. They say they are still gonna lay down carpet, but probably not CRC since the fire marshal seems to have a major issue with it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
From the oval thread, update:

dave from en hobbies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we are working hard to get this goning for ya
we will be open at 11 sunday
we would love to race on carpet on sundays-10scale. oval- sportsman -pan breakout- 18 scale 4wdr . and have road course on fridaynights
i need imput from drivers
now the carpet, the sample we gave to the fire marshall had no speck sheet with it from calandra. calandra said they would send one but they didnt. the fire marshall tried to do a burn test and it caught on fire so they refused the sample. we have gotten a different type of carpet which you have heard us talking about and it is not a long hair sample. there was a gentleman from pickerington who came into my store and he raised a question that there were long fibers which has everybody worried that we are using a poor quality carpet. the sample he saw is not the carpet we are using. that was just a sample of carpet but it is not what we are using. we are using a quality carpet and we dont understand why groveport as been giving us a hard time. but i assure you the fire marshall doesnt have a problem with rc racing as it has been stated. some times things just take a little longer than anticipated. questions are been asked about pit spaces and electric outlets and there are plenty of outlets on the wall right in front of your pits. the pits are nice and everything is supplied. you can always bring a few extra chairs to sit and view the track. we'll be checking daily from here on out for any posts and we will be replying in the evening. replys will be answered from 3.
PM and on. we are going to try and get the name Double-D.

·
Registered
878 Posts
All you Columbus guys are invited to our New Years race featuring a paid out on-road one day and oval the next day along with food. We welcome all racers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sat would be a great on-road day and it doesn't clash with some of the other tracks. Non CRC-HD carpet seems like it might be a tough sell for carpet racers. Indoor asphalt would make it very unique and would probably get them their best on-road crowd. Not sure about oval.

·
Registered
17 Posts
is anyone interested in running 1/10th TC Stock class? Im new at all this stuff, I was pretty into it a few years back and raced once at CORCAR but now I have forgotten all the lingo and keywords, I have gathered some of it back so I have a question:

What lipo battery would you run for a 4WD Touring Car these days?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was reminded one of the other features of the CRC carpet is that it doesn't build up static electricity that can kill electronics in your car. Something else to consider when shopping for other carpet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
is anyone interested in running 1/10th TC Stock class? Im new at all this stuff, I was pretty into it a few years back and raced once at CORCAR but now I have forgotten all the lingo and keywords, I have gathered some of it back so I have a question:

What lipo battery would you run for a 4WD Touring Car these days?
Depends on the car, some batteries will not fit in some cars. Me, I like the IP 5000mah 40c packs. Thunderpower packs are good also.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As far as I know, they have not decided on one. From what I can tell the race days will be decided by the oval guys as they are the only ones talking the place up.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Any information on the track itself? Address? I am just getting back into racing oval and looking for a few more tracks to travel to. Do you guys have a website? Thanks.

41 - 60 of 111 Posts