Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this thread so we can get a good turn out for carpet road course.

The track will be located at 7868 Groveport Road, Groveport, Ohio. Phone #614-778-9691. Website: www.enhobbies.com. The track is yet to be built should be up and running within a month or so, right now they are in the legal stuff to get it rolling. they currently have a out door dirt track that will also be indoors soon.

So lets show the support from the Columbus area, i am a ex racer and used to race at platnuim hobbies on brice road i havent raced since then but would be great to get back into it and see some of the old electric road course carpet racer back in action.

i posted this here but they have teh same post in the oval section i posted here to nottify the road course guys LET SHOW SUPPORT

here is the link for the oval section http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?p=2999882

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Cool man, my wife and I have friends in Columbus. Maybe our next trip I can throw my junk in the car and check you guys out.

What onroad carpet classes are you guys going to run?

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is good news, hope things work out. We should have a decent size group come over from Dayton and Cincy to check you guys out. Please do keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
ive been looking into this place for quite some time now and i really want to get back into rc :) but I cant find out any details about the. Ive been to there website. ive been to the hobby shop and ive been to the track twice. But i heard from the hobby store owner that the carpet track will be open nov 1. but thats all he could tell me. and that it was going to be oval and on road. He didnt tell me what kind of classes therre were going to be. SO I was just curious if anyone had any more details on the track? like if there is going to be any indoor offroad racing (like sc on carpet) and what kind of oval classes will be raced. any details would be greatly appreceated. Also if you can tell me anything about the offroad track that would be great

THANKS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
93 Posts
My girfriend was there and asked a bunch of questions. They were not sure about classes or anything, they were more involved in just trying to secure the space first. I'm sure as more info becomes available they will come on here and update us.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just to give you an update on the carpet track,were trying to get calandra carpet but are having trouble getting specs that will satisfy the building dept. Have heard mention of Ozite carpet can anyone give me any info on Ozite

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the update, I've tried looking up info on ozite carpet and all I'm comming up with is carpet wholesellers. What info are you looking for specifically and I'll see what I can come up with for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Will anyone be running 1/12? I have some money and would like to buy a kit and build it soon. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I was looking into a 1/12 kit.

I've spoken with the track owner and he said he'd run whatever people showed up with. I'm looking at the Calandra Gen-xl OR the team associated 12r5.1 - Both will be carried at the track, so spares shouldn't be an issue. I suggest people just decide what they are going to build and if there are 5 or so people with a car, there'll be a class. The stock setup would be 1s lipo AND 17.5 OR 13.5t brushless motors.

Thanks for any insight

Also the correct # for track is 614 836 5372

·
Registered
21 Posts
We need to start our own class

Looks like the good people on the oval forum are running 1/10. Anyone interested in getting enough 1/12 pan cars together to run 1/12 Onroad?

I've done some research if you've any questions about chassis or electronics.

Cheers

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds good, but be aware that there are two well established carpet roadcourses within an easy 2hr drive from Columbus. (the Gate in Cleveland, and Tri-State in Hamilton) I would suggest trying to get 1/12 roadcourse going on a weeknight..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that people travel that far to race. Maybe I shouldn't complain about crcrc being on the other side of town. You point is a valid one. We should look into the 1/12 schedule for those other events and suggest something that makes sense once the track opens, which should be this weekend unless things have changed.

Any news?

Also, can we post this anywhere else that might get us more joiners in the 1/12 class?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Onroad forum would be the best place to get 1/12 guys, it just seems that the oval guys are doing more talking. I don't run 12th myself but, I know some of the guys form here in Dayton do and would probably bring them out. I can't wait for this place to open, I will definitely come over and check it out and bring a few friends with me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Onroad forum would be the best place to get 1/12 guys, it just seems that the oval guys are doing more talking. I don't run 12th myself but, I know some of the guys form here in Dayton do and would probably bring them out. I can't wait for this place to open, I will definitely come over and check it out and bring a few friends with me.
When you mention onroad forum, are you referring to HobbyTalk or a forum called Onroad?

Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
When you mention onroad forum, are you referring to HobbyTalk or a forum called Onroad?

Thanks.
I'm talking about this very forum where the thread is already. Though I haven't searched to see if there is a dedicated 12th scale thread, but this one would be your best place for getting guys to come to this track. The main thing is for people to post so this stays up near the top so others will see it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm talking about this very forum where the thread is already. Though I haven't searched to see if there is a dedicated 12th scale thread, but this one would be your best place for getting guys to come to this track. The main thing is for people to post so this stays up near the top so others will see it.
I've posted either links or just general directions on finding this thread on other popular sites. Hopefully we'll get more visitors!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds good, but be aware that there are two well established carpet roadcourses within an easy 2hr drive from Columbus. (the Gate in Cleveland, and Tri-State in Hamilton) I would suggest trying to get 1/12 roadcourse going on a weeknight..
OVRCCC has a well established track [carpet/asphalt/dirt oval] in SE ohio
check out OVRCCC.com

didn't mean to hijack the thread
anyone have any more info??
heading to col sunday to check it out
Thasnkx, Bill:wave:

·
Registered
315 Posts
im just dying to race rc again. i dropped out of it for about a year and I was stoked to hear that this place is opening. But I cant get any info out of the owner or anything. Like what kind of classes will be run? is there going to be a carpet sc or offroad racing? just curious because im a dirt guy at heart but would love to come out and watch some on road action. Any info would be great

THANKS
Sean Scott

·
Registered
364 Posts
I will be there with a 1-12th scale and a VTA at least once this season when it opens....I'll be looking forward to seeing a schedule

·
Registered
21 Posts
im just dying to race rc again. i dropped out of it for about a year and I was stoked to hear that this place is opening. But I cant get any info out of the owner or anything. Like what kind of classes will be run? is there going to be a carpet sc or offroad racing? just curious because im a dirt guy at heart but would love to come out and watch some on road action. Any info would be great

THANKS
Sean Scott
Sean, Haven't heard of much interest in carpet offroad, but I know that 1/18th carpet offroad w/ foam tires and jumps was big about a year ago out east. I have heard the place is open to about anything under 1/10th scale. If you could rally enough enthousiasm, they might be into the offroad carpet thing. Just show up, talk it up and see where it goes. Until then, buy a 1/12 kit!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts