Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just some photos to show you guys, the car progression, i already put the throttle servo the tach, speedometer & temp. failsafe from Venom, also the front steering servos. Now the hardest part is comming because i'm waiting for the gas tank, cluth enssemble and lines to arrive from PRO 1.
I hope they arrive this week so i can place some more pics for you to see!!!
i'm a newbee so please you can help me with your comments... tahnks in advance. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SEE MY GALLERY!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
A work of art. not sure about the tach location though.
one. alot of dirt tends to end up on the side of the car. partly because
of the exhaust. i would mount a plate and suppend it. if you don't want
that then maybe on the left side instead of the right. just my thoughts.

car looks good though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would appreciate some advice on exhaust placement and the materials (custom) you use for this cars>> also the throttle -carb instalation still difficult to visualize, can you help me? Thanks for your comment. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jose Cantellops

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Q/S,

Are you planning on racing on QSAC tracks? If so, you must use the stock muffler. By using the stock muffler you are limited to what can be done to remove the exhausted air from the body. Some use a max 1" diameter tube placed at the stinger exit and then add flex tubing from there exiting the back of the chassis. The tube will need a mounting strap that can be mounted at the two muffler bolts. Keep in mind, the 1" tube cannot touch the stinger or the muffler (the mount can). In other words... you cannot clamp directly to the muffler/stinger.

If you plan on running a tuned pipe... someone else will have to jump in here.

On the carb throttle cable, just remember to keep the cable aligned straight with the connecting points (servo horn and butterfly connector) at the ends. I have noticed short and long cables used for throttle linkage on 1/4 cars. I don't know there is an advantage or disadvantage either way. The main goal is to keep the cable flow smooth (no kinked areas).

On the brake arm, do you plan to use a cable? Is so, place a pretty stiff spring between the end of the cable and the brake arm. This will allow you to apply a fair amount of torque when needed without over exerting the servo.

I'm not an expert on these cars.....just a racer. If someone has something else to add or correct me on, please jump in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts