Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
They extended the Lightning Rod Mail away too.

I knew they would.
Hell,...it'll probably get extended again.
There's nothing to buy to get the reciepts.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
The Bolt

'31 Cadillac:
Does not look right. Wheels are to small and much of the body doesn't quite look right to me.

Sheri's '50 VW:
I'm sure she's talented, but I don't understand what that design is supposed to be.

Vega Panel:
Looks very good!

Forever 64:
What in the heck does THAT mean????
Coupla good ones I guess...the Hudson looks good except for those god-awful rims.
Same for the Fury Taxi, rims are yucky, and the roof tampo edges look poorly looks done.

All criticisms meant to be constructive, believe it or not. :wave:

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
Honestly, I'm somewhat impressed with the Forever 64 series. AND!!!! It was nice to actually see new material before it hits the OLD's!!! WTG guys.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Ok i tried to access the page and my blackberry backfired and flame shot out of it and smoked like a poured sea foam in a vacuum line. Any word of the jeep cherokee??

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
'31 Cadillac:
Does not look right. Wheels are to small and much of the body doesn't quite look right to me.
Man, I was really looking forward to this Cadillac. Looks ok to me, but you have much better eye for old iron. Wheels do look a bit small - maybe becasue they are painted black ???

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Man, I was really looking forward to this Cadillac. Looks ok to me, but you have much better eye for old iron. Wheels do look a bit small - maybe becasue they are painted black ???
They look much too small to me, they don't fill in the wheel wells enough at all.
Thing is, JL HAS a bigger set of wheels in their arsonal as seen on this great JL origonal.

Pic thanks to JLCollector.com

·
Registered
779 Posts
Honestly, I'm somewhat impressed with the Forever 64 series. AND!!!! It was nice to actually see new material before it hits the OLD's!!! WTG guys.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that still likes some of the stuff that JL is putting out.
If I would have waited to say that I'm happy, then maybe I wouldn't have raised the ire of some disgruntled collectors.

All the specialized JL segments have done well.
Bwf
Lightning Rods
Spoilers
PIP and Zingers all have a following and a fan base.

In general, JL has been the best diecast company for my money.
They have more "Real" car castings available than ANY other 1:64 die cast manufacturer (including Mattel).
Greenlight does a very good job but seems to be very slow with releasing new castings and that eqates to a very limited selection.

PWSchuh
HobbyTalk Pro
iTrader Rating: (5)
My Photos Join Date: Sep 1999

I think it was explained pretty clearly in Russ's thread. If you don't get, you don't get it. Some people will buy anything and it's still a free country (mostly), so you can spend your money however you want.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I can just imagine the bashing that I'm about to get for the above post but as long as JL keeps making these cars I will feel free to buy them, I shall speak with my wallet.
I look forward to the forever 64 line, it should be great.

·
Registered
788 Posts
BWF Malibu... waiting for stock colors, and might buy the red/silver Typhoon, but would prefer all red. No interest in the '31 Caddy, too old for me. Give me some 50s, 60s or 70s Cadillacs!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts