1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Nice Bentley Continental SuperSports Car Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I'd still prefer the MB Continental. The wheels are a better scale, more thought was given to the paint, and tampos too from the looks of it. The Matchbox is a luxury car and looks the part.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I'd still prefer the MB Continental. The wheels are a better scale, more thought was given to the paint, and tampos too from the looks of it. The Matchbox is a luxury car and looks the part.

(Image cut)
Agreed, the MB version looks 10 times better.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ummm....I'm not noticing any differences between the MB & HW castings, aside from the wheels & tampo detail. Can someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Ummm....I'm not noticing any differences between the MB & HW castings, aside from the wheels & tampo detail. Can someone enlighten me?
Those are the differences that make the MB look better than the HW. I also like the interior color choice on that particular MB better than that HW.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Those are the differences that make the MB look better than the HW. I also like the interior color choice on that particular MB better than that HW.
But are the castings actually different? :confused:

The placement & definition of the body lines appear to be remarkably similar, leading me to believe that the both cars could be made from the same mold. And we all know that Mattel has been in the MB biz for a while now....are we looking @ the same car with different labels?

GspeedR :cool:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
But are the castings actually different? :confused:

The placement & definition of the body lines look remarkably similar, leading me to believe that the both cars could be made from the same mold. And we all know that Mattel has been in the MB biz for a while now....are we looking @ the same car with different labels?

GspeedR :cool:
They look similar because they're essentially the same car, but the molds are different. It's very subtle in this case, but HW's and MB never share molds. The body lines on the MB appear just a little more fine in my eyes too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts