Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I like allmost no Mattel castings, but it's still highly fustrating to see all that energy spent on gaudy, over to top tampo graffix,
when that same energy could be spent tampoing on realistic things like...oh I dunno, like maybe headlights for instance!

Oh well, I guess Mattel castings are obviously meant for kids, and that's cool, I get it. Kids like wild, cartoony, and flashy.
I just wish they would make the "Lesney" line more like the HW's 100% with it's own special castings inluding realistic wheels.
And also bring back the HW's 100% line. Now those were amazing!!!
To me the Lesney line is very much a failed attempt. I know lotsa fellas like'em, just my opinion is all.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I stumbled upon that batch last night - the GT3 and the Land Rover came home with me, oh, and that London Taxi. That's pretty neat, too.

That's it though. The rest are rubbish.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
The London Taxi is funky, I could go for that. Maybe the Land Rover, mainly because I like the animal sanctuary theme... I already have about three of four of the Porsches in different colors and that's probably enough.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
I like allmost no Mattel castings, but it's still highly fustrating to see all that energy spent on gaudy, over to top tampo graffix,
when that same energy could be spent tampoing on realistic things like...oh I dunno, like maybe headlights for instance!

Oh well, I guess Mattel castings are obviously meant for kids, and that's cool, I get it. Kids like wild, cartoony, and flashy.
I just wish they would make the "Lesney" line more like the HW's 100% with it's own special castings inluding realistic wheels.
And also bring back the HW's 100% line. Now those were amazing!!!
To me the Lesney line is very much a failed attempt. I know lotsa fellas like'em, just my opinion is all.
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I agree with you 100%.

Headlights. Taillights. Grilles. Simple automobile stuff...

:wave:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Batmobile: I'm in for a few.

Defender: The tampo is quiet appropriate. Kids should like it.

Lotus: Classic!

Porsche: I like the plan with the orange coloring, the stipe, the wheels, but I'm not sure the color is right.

Dodge Ram: Appropriate deco's for a kid.

Tractor. OK, I'm biased. RWB!

The other Tractor, Meh...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts