Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my sealed case of Auto-Trucks last night From diecast alley and to my surprise I open it up and the chase was in there. I was quite surprised. The new is outstanding, although had some tire flat spots. I also had a bent read axle on the stake bed truck. But I'm happy and will have to look for another apache as they are that great. I'll post pictures later when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally I got around to taking pictures of this very nice looking chase. I got this in my sealed case from DieCast Alley.

Enjoy the pictures!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Very Nice; unfortunately my sealed inner had two Dodges and two Studes, no chase or Apache or yellow Ford. Today I visited my local WM after being away for two weeks. I found two 6-car boxes of the latest D-M BUT every car (all twelve) was an orange Camero. That's OK because I needed one but what's up? Bulk pack or mistakes????

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Nice; unfortunately my sealed inner had two Dodges and two Studes, no chase or Apache or yellow Ford. Today I visited my local WM after being away for two weeks. I found two 6-car boxes of the latest D-M BUT every car (all twelve) was an orange Camero. That's OK because I needed one but what's up? Bulk pack or mistakes????
That doesn't make sense, I wouldn't be too happy about that. That apache is the best.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
A few days ago, my local Wally World put out a DM 6 pack and 3 of the cars were the orange camaro from R18, while the remaining 3 cars were from R12.
?????:confused:

Great looking chase there!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I also got a sealed case from Diecast Alley, and sure enough a chase. I didnt want it, I dont collect those. I dont want to cut it up or repaint it either, but guess I can trade it off. What luck huh??

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
I found one yesterday at Hobby Lobby and sold it a few hours later to fund my redline membership Boss Hoss purchase. It's a very nice truck indeed!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My box from Diecast Alley is en route (pre-ordered back in March) and a chase GMC would be cool indeed if I`m lucky. :dude:

Is it just me or do the stock wheels on this casting look way too small for the truck? I`m hoping it`s just the ol`macro lens issue.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I think the tires look undersize but I've been complaining about GL's "steamrollers" for years. The tires used on D-M releases are 1mm larger and look better when put on the A-Ts. I didn't get my 4X4 yet but the tires on the ones shown look good. SEAN can we get a meatier tire for some of the A-T's? Something like the WSW "pie crust" slick is a nice fit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
2 local WM's, 24 new cars 18 of Them the orange camaro. Must have got a good buy on the orange paint.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I think the tires look undersize but I've been complaining about GL's "steamrollers" for years. The tires used on D-M releases are 1mm larger and look better when put on the A-Ts. I didn't get my 4X4 yet but the tires on the ones shown look good. SEAN can we get a meatier tire for some of the A-T's? Something like the WSW "pie crust" slick is a nice fit.
That was where I became very disappointed when I bought the M2 wheel kits. All the tires were either little skinny wimpy things or big fat monstrosities. There were no good in between choices. And the wheels didn't even fit on the axles! Either way, I essentially got wheel kits from M2 - for M2s - that didn't even fit their cars - either the tires were too wimpy looking for the car size or they were so big and fat they wouldn't fit on the car - front or rear - without a lot of 'customizing' (read butchering) of the car base. M2 tires are rather a sore spot with me at the moment. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts