Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,239 Posts
I love the notation on the fay Wray model - "Fay had average-sized breasts, please don't overdo." :)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
John P said:
I love the notation on the fay Wray model - "Fay had average-sized breasts, please don't overdo." :)
strangly enough, overdoing them is easy to do, even when you dont mean to. sculptors like form, thats all. (i got a similar notation from disney on my nightmare before christmas sally sculpt. "too busty: reduce", and i thought i had been very subtle with her!)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Awesome article.

I think that the stuff in that article should for a "To Do" list for those two new start-up styrene kit companies we have been hearing about here recently.

Huzz

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Zombie_61 said:
I would love to have seen a two figure Klaatu & Gort styrene kit.
Definitely !! And flying saucer sold separately !! ( wash my mouth out ) I MIGHT even go for that !!! :thumbsup:

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Nice job on the article AT! There is alot of stuff that dreams are made of in there...and yes, I would think that Monarch is looking at this stuff for sure!

But then again...one can dream too!

MMM

·
2,690 Posts
Zombie_61 said:
I would love to have seen a two figure Klaatu & Gort styrene kit.
Billiken did an absolutely kick-butt set of Gort & Klaatu in vinyl several years ago. The Michael Rennie likeness is amazing - so amazing that Lunar Models cast the head, added a goatee, and slapped a badly sculpted body under it for their LIS "Keeper" figure, as far as I can tell.
Thanks for the encouragement, MMM!
AT

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
A Taylor said:
Man, that is an awesome article!
;)
Glad you guys enjoyed it. It will appear in the next issue of Toy Shop Magazine as well.
Anthony Taylor
When is that coming out?
And where can I buy it?

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Aurora missed so many good ideas, and put out so many strange airplanes and weird old cars that I had no interest in as a kid. They were stuck in the past.
Clint Eastwoods 'man with no name' should have been a no brainer for a figure, or Raquel Welchs 'cavegirl'.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Agreed. Too bad some of them never saw the light of day, like that War of the Worlds diorama with the three Martian flying machines.

Huzz

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
"Punch 'em chop 'em baldies"; I LIKE that! The article reminds me that I was one of the many who wrote Aurora requesting the Jupiter II. And I just remembered that I wrote it in pencil, too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts