1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
mono ball worked!

·
LTO
3,079 Posts
NO NITRO!!!!!!! some magic esc.....alot of good racing and well ran race..........KSG,CRC and Hyperdrive ran pivot ball pods......new esc made the show, but didn't tq or win! CEFX chassis was in the house, made the show in a couple of classes....Great food!

No snow!

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew I could count on you Jimmy.

For absolutely nothing that is.

You know you really can only hide your true love and jealousy for Nitro for so long. The sooner you admit it the better you will feel. :D

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
I think that one thing that was evident is that 13.5 and 10.5 classes are going to be the biggest classes this year, 21.5 2 cell didn't have many entries at all. 17.5 was awesome and had 15 trucks on the field. I don't know why they aren't offering this at the snowbirds and are offering 2 21.5 classes, just doesn't make since to me.

The new ESC that CRC is selling has some serious rip, unbelievable. Was told they are supposed to be available mid November. The castle mamba pro was also bad at half the price. It seems that the manufacturers are developing technology that is wrapped around 1 cell racing and there will be a lot of used ESC's flooding the market real soon.

Awesome race, professionally run, TOUR works!:thumbsup:

Bill

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The big thing all weekend was the speedo being run by the CRC guys. I heard all weekend that it was available on the web site. I looked when I got home and it said they are taking preorders. That is not being available... It dosnt really bother me I heard people fussing about it all weekend. I know if that speedo was in Calabs car he would have turned another lap. The new cars from KSG,Hyperdrive looked good as well.

Ritchie Mac

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I think that one thing that was evident is that 13.5 and 10.5 classes are going to be the biggest classes this year, 21.5 2 cell didn't have many entries at all.
another thing that looked evident is that the 1 CELL cars didn't appear to slow anything down...which I thought WAS THE POINT! Even with the COT Bodies - looking at results and watching the video - they didn't appear to be SLOW by any means - and WHO doesn't believe by THIS TIME next year they will be FASTER yet?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Single cell wasn't meant to slow us down, it was meant to give us more options to allow for slower classes. Not to mention it's a little cheaper than a 2 cell pack. Before single cell, there was no 4 cell stock equivalent with a 2 cell lipo pack.

·
Registered
598 Posts
another thing that looked evident is that the 1 CELL cars didn't appear to slow anything down...which I thought WAS THE POINT! Even with the COT Bodies - looking at results and watching the video - they didn't appear to be SLOW by any means - and WHO doesn't believe by THIS TIME next year they will be FASTER yet?
We are not trying to slow down, we are trying to make it easier for beginners to have a "slower" option to getting into the hobby. 17.5 1/c trucks does that, quite well in fact.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts

1 cell 13.5 isnt slower then 2 cell 21.5? hmm are you sure you know what your saying here ?

·
Registered
772 Posts
4 cell stock track record at Greeenville was 57 something. 13.5 COT was a tick faster, but the 17.5 trucks only went 50 which was slower I believe than the old Spec class with spec batteries and spec motors. Those were the two classes everyone said was missing right? Looks to me that they got it. And if you want to go slower, throw a 21.5 motor in.

1cell 10.5 was I think a lap slower than 4 cell NiMH 10.5 too.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Speeds are about the same speed we were running, 13.5 = 4 cell stock, 10.5 = 13.5 4 cell =21.5 2 cell, 7.5 = 17.5 2 cell Tire wear is nothing compared to what it use to be and price of batteries cut in half and you need 1 maybey 2 batteries vs. 6 or nimh batteries so cost is down, and the way the ecom. is today why is that a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
56 laps in 13.5/1s and 51 laps in 17.5/1s

those aren't slower than 59 or 60 laps in 21.5/2s ?

Keep hating Joe!!!!!

51laps
56laps
61laps
66laps

can't ask for much better! only 4 oval classes needed.

Racing was great and the class spread was the best I have seen in years. Like to see all 2s racing gone from big events cause there just isn't the support when 1s is also being offered.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Joe you are wasting your breath. Single cell is actually more expensive initially because you have to buy a Rcvr pack or booster to make up for the lack of voltage plus it is a little more complicated for the "new" guy. The tire wear is less but I see no other advantage to single cell, we still have one too many classes but we have made great steps in the right direction. Jody seemed to think the "electronics" issue was a little fishy but didn't blame the powers that be. I would have questioned that myself but hey, if it's legal.....I would question the powers that be about why it was legal though. I wish I would have been there, it looked like a fun race.
Single cell wasn't meant to slow us down, it was meant to give us more options to allow for slower classes. Not to mention it's a little cheaper than a 2 cell pack. Before single cell, there was no 4 cell stock equivalent with a 2 cell lipo pack.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
1 cell= $64.95 + rx pack $24.95 = $89.94
2 cell = $125.00 + balancer $29.99 = $154.99

Even running the cheap packs you guys do 1 cell is cheaper or not enough difference to argue about.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Semantics, besides how do you know what batteries "we" run? But you are right, it's not woth argueing over.

Even running the cheap packs you guys do 1 cell is cheaper or not enough difference to argue about.

·
Registered
87 Posts

2 cell packs are actually about $89.00 and the balancer is a fancy gadget that isn't needed to race competitively. If you are gonna try to put something down at least get your facts straight.

AT

1 - 20 of 189 Posts