Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
There are more than a couple of those I will be looking for . The London Taxi and the 57' Buick police car are a must .

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
It kind of bugs me that the ambassador hasnt been posting things here. However thanks for posting a link to the report Kiwi.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Forget the ambassador, information is free. Thanks for posting Kiwi!

It's nice to see some more realistic paint designs again. The London Taxi looks like a flashback to the 2006-2008 line, which is a good thing. The Buick looks a little short between the wheels, and it's a two-door, but it's still excellent.

I like the opportunity to build your own set.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The Buick should be a 2 door post sedan, as that is what CHP often ordered for their duties. Wheels maybe a little too large, but otherwise very cool!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welll... I was starting to say hey there getting there sense of realism back, but go down further and further,,,,,, man is it the year 2000? Again? Uh that heroism junk. To kiddy. Need another year like 2007 2008.!

·
Registered
763 Posts
It kind of bugs me that the ambassador hasnt been posting things here. However thanks for posting a link to the report Kiwi.
I am not sure if that was possibly meant for me?

The current Ambassador is not a member here, as far as I know. I was the Ambassador in 2007-8 and posted all the reports here. Since then, each Ambassador has put out reports, and then I posted them here on their behalf. But I have been away for a few months dealing with personal family matters and had to step away from the hobby to deal with things. I am just starting to catch up with Matchbox-related things again.

But at least the reports did still appear somehow.

:) :D :p

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I am not sure if that was possibly meant for me?

The current Ambassador is not a member here, as far as I know. I was the Ambassador in 2007-8 and posted all the reports here. Since then, each Ambassador has put out reports, and then I posted them here on their behalf. But I have been away for a few months dealing with personal family matters and had to step away from the hobby to deal with things. I am just starting to catch up with Matchbox-related things again.

But at least the reports did still appear somehow.

David,
I know you are not "the ambassador" any more. Shabbir Malik or whatever his name is but I was just saying he does not post this stuff the way you did here.

I loved coming on here and seeing your posts about up coming items. Now we just dont get the same with the new guy.

Like others have said at least we get the reports likned on another site, thanks Kiwi, and we still see the stuff, but I really think this site needs the ambassador to post it here because I dont frequent 20 different diecast sites everyday. Thats why I like HT. There is a place for all things diecast!!

Anyway lik I said it was not an issue with you at all.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I can never read the reports anyways. All I ever get are a bunch of Red Xs and the site is blocked due to potentially harmful content. It happens on both my home and work computers.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can never read the reports anyways. All I ever get are a bunch of Red Xs and the site is blocked due to potentially harmful content. It happens on both my home and work computers.
Are you using Chrome or Safari? I think it should work on those, red Xs are an IE or Mozilla issue, aren't they?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Oh c'mon, Centurys were four-holers for the love'a god.
Definately gonna wait to see it in person before I completely dismiss it though.

·
Registered
763 Posts
David,
I know you are not "the ambassador" any more. Shabbir Malik or whatever his name is but I was just saying he does not post this stuff the way you did here.

I loved coming on here and seeing your posts about up coming items. Now we just dont get the same with the new guy.

Like others have said at least we get the reports likned on another site, thanks Kiwi, and we still see the stuff, but I really think this site needs the ambassador to post it here because I dont frequent 20 different diecast sites everyday. Thats why I like HT. There is a place for all things diecast!!

Anyway lik I said it was not an issue with you at all.
That's okay. I think only Jim Gallegos and myself are former Ambassadors who are members here. I know since my Ambassadorship I have always been posting here on behalf of whoever is. I don't think I have seen any of the other Ambassadors posting.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Are you using Chrome or Safari? I think it should work on those, red Xs are an IE or Mozilla issue, aren't they?
They are not a mozilla issue. I am a firefox user, and any pictures that don't appear don't have the red Xs in boxes, they just have a blank area. I think that the red Xs in boxes is just IE. I also have never had a problem with clicking on Shabbir's links. It always just displays the picture. I thought that was more of a firewall or anti-virus software protocol blocking things.

I use AVG anti-virus, and when you use google to find things, it has a small AVG icon next to each result telling you whether it thinks it is safe or not. A number of years back, Shabbir's website randomly came up on AVGs search as a harmful site, and it attempted to block it (you can easily still go to them, it doesn't ban you from going there). It was only a temporary issue (a matter of days), and it soon cleared itself. I am wondering if another anti-virus software package out there is thinking that Shabbir's site is harmful and is blocking links to it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
They are not a mozilla issue. I am a firefox user, and any pictures that don't appear don't have the red Xs in boxes, they just have a blank area. I think that the red Xs in boxes is just IE. I also have never had a problem with clicking on Shabbir's links. It always just displays the picture. I thought that was more of a firewall or anti-virus software protocol blocking things.

I use AVG anti-virus, and when you use google to find things, it has a small AVG icon next to each result telling you whether it thinks it is safe or not. A number of years back, Shabbir's website randomly came up on AVGs search as a harmful site, and it attempted to block it (you can easily still go to them, it doesn't ban you from going there). It was only a temporary issue (a matter of days), and it soon cleared itself. I am wondering if another anti-virus software package out there is thinking that Shabbir's site is harmful and is blocking links to it.

I have always had this problem with Shabbir's site.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
The taxi is a little different than pictured. Tampos, yellow tinted windows and a gold plastic base. Would have been much nicer if kept simple with clear windows.
The washer is just to keep it from rolling.:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts