6-Car Set
Muscle Cars - out already

10-Car Sets
Mopar
Volkswagon
Muscle Cars

5 & 10 sets will be TRU
6 set will be Meijers

Remember the old A & B sets from 10 years ago?

This is in the new Toy Cars & Models Magazine. The full page adververtisment shows a green 70 Dodge Challanger with DODGE on the rear fender and the number 2 on the door. It has white wheels & white interior with BFG lettering on the tires. WL?????

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
SUVs include Scout and Bronco

Hopefully, these are the sets they can get these vehicles into...please.

G

·
Tom,

The Challenger could be from the Weekend Racers.... a lot of MoPar road race cars had white steel wheels back in the day

or its a WL, who really knows, but it could be another sleeper

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I can't wait for the Weekend Racers to hit. These are HOT. They breathe a whole new life into the castings. Who would guess that green Challenger is the same casting as the Sweepstakes WL car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thanks for the update Tom. I'm just so happy that it was published in a magazine for the general public before anything came out for the club members........

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yup....I
usually don't try to collect too much I can't hang on the wall but I'll make an exception for these.

Is the Challenger from the RC Fast and Furious box set a JL or RC casting?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I assume these are all JL castings . The Newsflash said all box sets should be out by November . No Scout or Bronco yet . A 60's Bronco slated for '05 . Mopar box set has - 62 Ply , 67 GTX, 68 Cuda, 69 Daytona, 70 Challenger , 71 Duster , 72 Satellite , 76 Van , 78 truck , 96 truck .
Muscle car set has - 64 GTO ,66 Skylark , 68 Camaro , 68 Cuda , 69 Talladega, 69 Javelin , 69 Daytona , 69 Shelby , 70 Cuda , 70 Chevelle .
Both 'Must haves"
No listing for Weekend Racers .

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sounds killer,I hate to say it,but my wallet hopes there's no WL's in the ten car sets.My closet agrees.Hope RC2 continues the PM tradition of taking good care of us Mopar fans even after Tom Lowe departs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts