Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears someone in Colorado found the new 2016 Garage series at their local Wal-Mart. Here are the cars in the set. A picture is starting to float around with some of the cars in it.

'67 GTO convertible
'80s Firebird
'70 Chevelle Wagon
'70 Camaro RS
'69 Corvette
'70 Challenger
'67 Mustang Custom
'57 Cadillac El Dorado Brougham
'58 Thunderbird
Purple Passion

·
Premium Member
9,821 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will be on the hunt for these. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Yeah pass for me as well....pretty standard...plus the price I believe is over two bucks.
If these are taking the place of the "Road Tripping" series then I think the price point might be $2.14 which is what they are going for.
For me I think I'll spring for them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If these are taking the place of the "Road Tripping" series then I think the price point might be $2.14 which is what they are going for.
For me I think I'll spring for them.
There are taking place of the Stars & Stripes series, you are correct on the price point. I'll get the Mustang, I'm good without the rest.

These have also appeared in Texas as well.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
At my local Wal-Mart the Stars and Stripes series came and went, the pegs were never replenished.
Meanwhile at another location, a lot of the castings still are on the pegs.
It comes down to location a lot of times.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
At my local Wal-Mart the Stars and Stripes series came and went, the pegs were never replenished.
Meanwhile at another location, a lot of the castings still are on the pegs.
It comes down to location a lot of times.
Yup....I'm my area I saw a total of about 4 in as many stores. Saw the mustang twice hanging by its lonesome......Michigan gets hit pretty hard in all quarters by hoarders....any flavor of the month is almost always gone in am instant and stays gone.....I had to buy the leap year car off eBay.....never saw one at the several walmarta,kmarts etc. In my area....even have a friend who hits several on his way to and back from work and he never saw those....yet collectors in other states claimed to see that one I'm bunches....

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
what.. quite the fail.
No RR's
these are just mainline cars... some look like repackaged ones... didn't they already put out that Challenger in pink and the 69 Vette in yellow with black stripes?

pass.

·
Registered
267 Posts
1970 Chevrelle wagon? I see this
as being a hot item. I don't recall
ever seeing this casting. Plus, it's
my favorite year of that car by far.

Oops, I was thinking 1970 El Camino.
My mistake.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
what.. quite the fail.
No RR's
these are just mainline cars... some look like repackaged ones... didn't they already put out that Challenger in pink and the 69 Vette in yellow with black stripes?

pass.
The yellow 69 Vette had chrome 5sp and the tampos are a bit different.
The Challenger, I don't recall right off the bat, I'll have to look at what I have later tonight.
So you're saying Mattel would repackage castings? (I am being sarcastic) LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
Usually the $2.14 priced premium set buys complex graphics like 4- or even 5-color tampos and a theme. This includes the music themed cars, Road Trippin', and the Stars & Stripes. While I like the models chosen for this "Garage" set, it's not clear that they are "premium" cars.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Usually the $2.14 priced premium set buys complex graphics like 4- or even 5-color tampos and a theme. This includes the music themed cars, Road Trippin', and the Stars & Stripes. While I like the models chosen for this "Garage" set, it's not clear that they are "premium" cars.
Personally I would not consider these a "premium" line.
A Premium line to me would be like the latest Star Trek-metal/metal with Real Riders.
I guess we'll see once they get to our respective Wal-Marts.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I grabbed the Camaro and Cadillac. The wagon is the only other one I wanted, but the tampos were wayyyyyyy off on the 1 they had in my local store. The search continues...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts