Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought about 15 of the $1.00 vans at walmart and used the frames,had to use two for the rollback,they are plastic so cutting them and glueing them back togeather is not a problem.the cabs are HW sam walton 1979 ford pickups, the bed is made from evergreen plastic,you can get it at hobby town are any good railroad shop.the wheels and tires on the rollback come from the 1/87 scale big-rigs at walmart.I built the toolboxes and put running lights on the cab,the light bar is from a amber tree of model truck lights.the bed does not move,the next one I build I might try to make it slide and tilt.thanks for looking.dr.olds

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
did ya build the wrecker too?howd ya do that one they both look sweeet.ttfn johnny :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes the wrecker bed is from JL,the cab is HW,and the wheels/tires are RC,its a .......
JLHWRC-TOWTRUCK ...LOL

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Very nice! I may need to pick up a few more of those dollar vans now too. I bought a few already mainly for the tires/wheels.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Love them both the roll back and the tow truck, keep up the good work. It takes skill and patients to build stuff like that. That is a couple of awsome trucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts