Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
If those race cars find a US source around $12 to $14, I will own every one of them. At this price...I'll still own most of them!:rolleyes:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
You don't want the Bentley? That's the one I want for sure.
I would want one of each casting if you can swing it Dipstick.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me too, I like the Bentley as well. Wish they would have a black one though. Too bad that Minichamps doesn't do direct sale in the US or I'd buy a whole case.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm waiting for quote from a wholesaler friend.

He said he can get them for a lot less than $10/piece for the road cars.

Will try to confirm the price tomorrow.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm waiting for quote from a wholesaler friend.

He said he can get them for a lot less than $10/piece for the road cars.

Will try to confirm the price tomorrow.

I would definitley buy them for that price :). They have some very nice cars coming out!!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Lets hope this works, Europeans traditionally look down upon this scale. But I definetely will try them out, would like to compare the P935/935s to what Kyosho has done, maybe one of you guys will do the review :). By the way, that is a nice blog/website, will definitely bookmark it!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Minichamps 1/64 line-up

Hi Everyone,

This list is reproduced from Minichamps' website:
http://www.minichampsna.com/pdf_files/List.pdf

Road cars, 18 total:
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 2003 red
Mercedes-Benx SLR McLaren Roadster 2007 black
Porsche Cayman 2007 red
Porsche Boxter 2005 silver
Porsche 911 GT3 RS green
Porsche Cayenne S 2006 blue metallic
Porsche Cayenne GTS 2007 red metallic
Porsche 911 Carrera S 2008 grey metallic
Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet 2008 green metallic
Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 2008 red metallic
Porsche 911 Carrera 4S cabriolet 2008 blue metallic
Alfa Romeo 8C competizione 2003 red metallic
Alfa Romeo 8C Spider 2007 red
Fiat 500 2007 red
Aston Martin DBS 2006 grey metallic
Bentley Continental GTC white
Bentley Continental GT 2008 grey metallic
Bentley Brooklands 2006 white
($225 for the complete set at MSRP)

Race cars, 12 total:
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Flying Lizzard Motorsport, Long Beach Gran Prix 2007
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Flying Lizzard Motorsport, 12th Sebring 2007
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Tafel Racing, 12th Sebring 2007
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Seikel Motorsport, 24H Le Mans 2007
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR IMSA Performance 24H Le Mans 2007
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR Autorlando-Sport 24H Le Mans 2007
Porsche 935 Martini Porsche, 1000Km Nurburgring 1976
Porsche 935 Martini Porsche, Winer 6th Watkins Glen 1976
Porsche 934 Vaillant, Winner Norisring DRM 1976
Porsche 934 Jaegermeister, Winnder DRM Eifelrennen 1976
Porsche 934 Gelo-Tebernum Racing EGT winner, Nurburgring 300Km 1976
Porsche 934 Valvoline 300Km Nurburgring EGT 1976
($198 for the complete set at MSRP)

There are also 1.64 racing cars with pull-back feature, but not sure what they are. Pretty pricy considering that you can easily buy a 30 car set from Kyosho for that amount. From the pictures the quality are on par with Kyosho's Beads Collection. Hopefullly they are of smaller production run, and therefore able to retain their value.

Josh

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some interesting news from my friend's contact in Germany... Supposedly there will be a collector version of the 1/64 cars with a limited edition of 500 that will go for $100+. I don't mean to hype up the cars but if that's true it's pretty darn crazy if you ask me...
Josh

·
Registered
191 Posts
Will these cars have any outstanding features, such as opening panels? If these are nothing more than overpriced curbside models, NO THANKS! They appear identical to Kyoshos..

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Will these cars have any outstanding features, such as opening panels? If these are nothing more than overpriced curbside models, NO THANKS! They appear identical to Kyoshos..
Sheldon, I think the guys here are looking at something a bit deeper than just opening panels. That would be cool, but it has no effect on the remarkable detail and unique castings offered by these manufactures.

Here are 4 pics of just one car I had in my photobucket already....can you tell me the fact this car is "curb side" is really that big of a deal? I understand that opening panels is "your thing", and that is cool. But here is a wonderful side bar to this hobby...there is something for everyone!

But I have to ask, why does every post you tag into a thread seems to be so critical? There are many wonderful toy cars in the market...some have opening panels, some are curb side, but most are enjoyed by someone just the way they are. Show a little love to your diecast brethren, we all do not approach this hobby the same way.

I really am not trying to bust your chops, I fact we agree on a whole lot more then we disagree on. Heck, you have to be alright in my book, your one of the few guys around here that even knows about the GMP Corvette! Just wondering why the fact that a model is curb side kicks it out for you. Is that a 100% deal breaker?

Ward

1 - 20 of 38 Posts