Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
looks good, I will be buying a few of those, mainly the mopars

one question, whatever happened to the green 1:60 scale maverick?
I have never seen one for sale at walmart or seen any on e pay in green

I had one of those in 1:1 scale, it was my first car

·
Registered
44 Posts
I love the 1979 lebaron town and country wagon, my first car was 1981 lebaron coupe. The front end is pretty similar. The matador is pretty sweet too, and you gotta love the k-car!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Wow - those new ones to be look pretty good. Can't wait for the LeBaron, Reliant, and Matador since nobody has done those yet. Anybody know if any of the originals (Mavericks, etc) are going to be re-stocked, or are they gone once they're gone?

·
Registered
972 Posts
60sMetal said:
Wow - those new ones to be look pretty good. Can't wait for the LeBaron, Reliant, and Matador since nobody has done those yet. Anybody know if any of the originals (Mavericks, etc) are going to be re-stocked, or are they gone once they're gone?
Three of the Wal-Marts in my area have re-stocked the Mustang II, Maverick and Pinto from the first release of colors and once with the later release with the green Maverick. I have also seen one re-stock of the Gremlins and Pacers.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This line just keeps getting better and better, bring on the oddballs!!!
Although the car pictured for the 75 Matador is really a 71-73 vintage Matador, but still a cool car to have in miniature.

·
Registered
972 Posts
HWJOE said:
This line just keeps getting better and better, bring on the oddballs!!!
Although the car pictured for the 75 Matador is really a 71-73 vintage Matador, but still a cool car to have in miniature.
I agree, and to me, the 71-73 Matadors were better looking. I never liked the later ones as well, looked awkward to me, but I'd still like to have 'em in diecast! I think we can refer to the Fresh Cherries line as "That 70's diecast company" since they keep bringing out neat old 70's cars. Here's one I'd like to see....a 1971 or 72 Pontiac Ventura. I own a 68 Nova SS and love that body style. Always liked the Pontiac Version as well....heck, why not throw in the 73-74 versions too. And the Omega and Apollo (does anyone even remember there was a 74 Buick Apollo GSX?).

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with jimhowie about the 73-74 Venturas [maybe even a 74 GTO???] but I have to add the 76-79 style Nova-Omega-Ventura-Apollo-Skylark hatchback models. Several friends and family members of mine had this style from the late 70's to the mid 80's and they were always great cars!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
This line from Motormax keeps getting better and better. I'm glad to see someone take a chance in the diecast business on making such oddball cars from the seventies and succeed at it. A giant :thumbsup: for Motormax.

crafty

·
Registered
972 Posts
HWJOE said:
I agree with jimhowie about the 73-74 Venturas [maybe even a 74 GTO???] but I have to add the 76-79 style Nova-Omega-Ventura-Apollo-Skylark hatchback models. Several friends and family members of mine had this style from the late 70's to the mid 80's and they were always great cars!
I should have grouped this style in there too. My Dad had a 75 Nova coupe and it was a nice car, lasted forever and even after the body rusted away in 1993, the engine and transmission went into a 1980 Monte Carlo that was still running around until 2001. I especially liked those Nova and Concours Cabriolet coupes. Have not seen one in years!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

Just adored the new releases from Motormax,specially the Town and Country (been wanting a Diplomat Miniature for ages,this is close) and the Reliant (since I own a Aries 1988).The Matador and Hornet are fine,too.Up to now,4 AMCs appeared at the Fresh Cherries Series.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

Well,as I stated in the past,the Pontiac Fiero was a rumour. As of now,is reality:a Pontiac Fiero 1984 is part of the 1/60 scaled Fresh Cherries.The Matador Coupe 1975 is out,too.

Price Increases on that series,too,but they are worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts