Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Not pleased with the idea of implied high prices keeping these in high demand/high value. Sure people will pay what they feel the items are worth, but if they are priced to high, who is the target?

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Good points, and Econ 101-A tells us that other contributing factors are involved in setting those prices; cost of equipment, skills & talents of the artesians, utilities, rent and other overhead, etc. I'm certain that these models won't be "inexpensive" by any stretch of the imagination.
However, if or when a "studio scale" LOTG "Spindrift" is made available, I plan on purchasing it.

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
AND come with a fully functioning environmental control robot B-9 as a travelling companion!
Seriously, though, I've just visited the Uncle Odie website and return with very good news regarding the price of the SciFi Metropolis 24" J2; it's only going to be "slightly more expensive than the LM kit", according to one of the company's owners. The two footer will also be made of PVC, not styrene, and therefore will have a sturdier construction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Norman from Scifimetropolis here. We are looking at a projected price of $69.99 for the 1/6th scale LIS figures. The first 3 figures (3rd season John, Dr. Smith and The Keeper) are being approved for production now. They should be available for pre-order shortly.
Thanks, Norman Sockwell

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 2ft J2 kit will come with all the detail molded into the hull; which will be thermo-formed ABS, not styrene. It will include a laser cut acrylic "Derelict" interior, laser cut acrylic legs and a clear cast fusion core. The projected price should come in somewhere around $265. The main advantage is that the hulls are formed using a female mold and not a male mold, allowing for very sharp detail of all the window / door details

I hope this helps a little. This kit is almost ready for release. I am just finishing up the console / seat details for the interior. The seats are also laser cut.

Thanks, Norman Sockwell
Owner - ScifiMetropolis

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello To All

from_beyond said:
Hmmmm, Those figures are OK, but not great. Id give them a C, C+ maybe.

Sideshow has set the bar pretty high. If these guys want play in this game, they need to do more than tweak.
Hello to all. I am new to this forum. I would like to take the time to go over a few points regarding the LIS action figure line. I am involved in the prototyping of these figures and I work directly with Norman Sockwell concerning these figures. In response to "From Beyond's" comment. I would like to know why you feel the figures are only okay? So far the Dr. Smith and John Robinson have been change to more accurately resemble the actors. The major West is still in being "tweaked" as we speak.
Yes, Sideshow has set the standards for the 1/6th scale figures when it comes to t.v shows, horror, science fiction, and fantasy characters and I fully respect their great work but even some of their paint jobs and scultps aren't the best. Example - Buffy and Halle Berry. Mind you, this is just my opinion. Also, some of their Universal Monster characters heads are just a tad too big but still, they are great! I am also a collector so I can speak from both sides of the spectrum. I also understand that you can't please everyone and from the response from the collectors and fans from Wonderfest, we are doing a great job on our end. We will do whatever it takes to make these the best likeness to the characters as possible!
The projected price for these figures is $69.99 which is very resonable.
How real is Sci-Fi Metropolis? Well I guess the only thing to say is that the proof is in the puddin'. Anyone can talk a mean game and I could write everyone here to sleep. When the figures actually ship and the fans receive them, then you will see how real Sci-Fi Metropolis is.
Norman is very busy as so as I but I will try and take some of the load of of Norman and answer as many questions as I possible can. We are working very hard trying to make the best LIS products ever!
Thank you for comments and constructive criticism.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
the 2 foot jupiter 2 will be around $265 ? that is a pretty good deal, are the legs fixed or will there be a "retractable" option on the landing gear ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I heard chatter that Norm had a METAL J2 at Wonderfest ... :eek:

Was that just the paint job/ABS dye color or is Norm really making a METAL hull J2 ??? :cool:

If so , what size?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
2 Foot Metal J2

It is a spun aluminum 2 foot (24") Jupiter 2 with aluminum landing legs. It will come with a derilict interior that is able to come out and be replaced with a complete upper interior that will be made available at a later date.

Jupiter-2 said:
I heard chatter that Norm had a METAL J2 at Wonderfest ... :eek:

Was that just the paint job/ABS dye color or is Norm really making a METAL hull J2 ??? :cool:

If so , what size?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Robots r' us said:
In response to "From Beyond's" comment. I would like to know why you feel the figures are only okay? .
2 words: personal opinion.

Sorry if I offended you but if Im being honest I have to say they are OK. I saw them at WF too & theyre good, they dont look fan-made but they dont knock my socks off either. Like I said, the standard has been set by Sideshow. And companies like Takara are going even further with articulation & costume design.

But I understand youre not really trying to compete in the figures market; youve got a LIS item marketed to LIS collectors. So the Sideshow comparison might not be a fair one.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Robots r' us said:
It is a spun aluminum 2 foot (24") Jupiter 2 with aluminum landing legs. It will come with a derilict interior that is able to come out and be replaced with a complete upper interior that will be made available at a later date.
I am confused....your website said thermo-formed and abs. You are now saying spun aluminum. You also stated a $265.00 price for this.

Could you please clearify?

2 foot: made out of ?
4 foot: made out of ?

etc,

Thanks

41 - 60 of 319 Posts