Hobbyist Forums banner

301 - 319 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Just to get back on topic, I got my John Robinson & Smith figures last week and they are EXCELLENT; much better than I thought they'd be. My only gripe now is, why make Will and the Robot last? I want those figures now!

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
yes a lot did, and there are a few left but the owner got hurt pretty bad and stopped things for 2 years. he is supossed to be up & running but doesn't answer emails. his site is active as is robot factory who joined forces with SFM. check out the website for either one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks Bert Model Maker! I found it odd that everyone was excitedly talking about these 2 foot J-2s then the thread just died with no photos posted and no more mention of it. I'll check out the web site, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Thanks Bert Model Maker! I found it odd that everyone was excitedly talking about these 2 foot J-2s then the thread just died with no photos posted and no more mention of it. I'll check out the web site, thanks.
I can't remember ever seeing any finished builds. I got my refund after being jerked around for three months. I'm glad I did because now I have the Moebius J-2 and it's lightyears beyond SFM's offering. I also came so close to buying their half scale B-9 but after only seeing one in the wilds (on ebay) I never want through with the order.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I seem to recall the mold for that 2 foot J-2 on eBay for sale a year or so ago. I think it was labeled as "Original Jupiter-2 mold for the series" but we all know there was never a 2 foot J-2 used on the series. Does anyone know any more about that?

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
BeatlePaul made a sci-fi metropolis Jupiter 2 and it came out pretty nice. if i remember right, he may have built more than 1 . other than that, i don't recall any other build of it. norman is back working on new projects and his website is linked to the ROBOT FACTORY and they say they may have a few jupiter 2's left in stock however they are not selling them until they get the new projects underway. To me this means that IF you are in business, WHY ARE THEY NOT SELLING ANYTHING ???

·
Registered
125 Posts
It seems to me someone could make a killing on popping out unfinished two and four foot Jupiter-2 hulls for the advanced hobbyist. But, who knows. I'm a builder, not a businessman!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It seems to me someone could make a killing on popping out unfinished two and four foot Jupiter-2 hulls for the advanced hobbyist

301 - 319 of 319 Posts