Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
they 'extrapolated' the shapes of the Jupiter 2?? several real 4 foot hulls exist, why weren't those used?

·
Oxidation Genius
31,236 Posts
Can't wait to see how unreasonably expensive THESE dolls turn out to be.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Hey AT,

When these become available, how does one order these?
Is this an online thing or are they available at retail hobby stores?

Please e-mail me and let me know. I LOVE LIS!!!

thanks!

MMM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't mean to upset or insult anyone here, but just how "legit" are ScifiMetropolis? Their proposed line of LIS stuff looks great....too great. They're planning on doing all these J2's and space pods in different scales? Now they're putting out action figures too?

I'd love to get some of this stuff, but if these guys are another Icons-like outfit I'd like to know now, so as not to get my hopes up.

D.

·
Registered
609 Posts
model maker said:
any prices quoted yet ????? i wonder when these will BE available and how MUCH $$$$$

I know how much but I ain't sayin' ! :dude:

I hear that UncleOdie is planning on posting additional pics/info on his site this weekend. You might want to check there later. Vanderpool contributed much in the developement of "The Keeper" model from Lunar Models when Phil Lublin was still the owner - I suspect he's contributing to Norm's endeavors as well.

Scifimetropolis is licensed through Space Productions directly to Norman Sockwell. Working with/contributing to Norman is Ron Gross. I suspect other people too , but beyond that I cannot say because I just don't know.

Norman has been a B9 parts builder/developer for many a year over at the B9RobotBuilders Club - dating back to the Dewey Howard days even.

I think his presence at Wonderfest will be closely watched - it should be the first "hands-on" look at these items. Hope folks attending will take a lot of pics and report back! :wave:

Mike

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I wonder if anybody here (other than me) got the original set of 1/6 figures that Trendmasters released.

It's kind of a sad story. The orignal set contains: Will, Don, Judy, Dr. Smith, Tybo (the Carrot Man) and the Cyclops. I buoght the set from the Universal online store for $89 bucks.

But here's what I just discovered. About a week ago, I was searching the net for something unrelated to LIS (can't remember what) and I inadvertantly came across a 5 year old interview with an executive from Trendmasters. At that time, she said that they were working on the second series of characters to include Penny, Professor and Maureen Robinson. Here's the worst part...they were also working on a radio controlled Chariot! I own one of the radio controlled B-9's that they made. Seems they had great plans for LIS.

I guess we can only assume that sales of the first series of toys didn't justify further development.

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Reporting in.....

Here is the e-mail that I got from Norman:

I’m really short on time right now because I’m trying to get everything ready for production. I should have the online store up in a couple of weeks with pricing. Check back at the site in a week or two. Got to go get back to building molds………

Norman

MMM :wave: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 319 Posts