Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
27cm divided by 2.54 = 10.62992125984251968503937007874 inches.

I miss calculators that only had 8 digits :eek:

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
JamesDFarrow said:
New 1/48th Diecast Airwolf?

Anyone know what size in inches this will be?

James :)

Proof positive that the Canadian government has utterly failed in it's 35 years of attempting to introduce the metric system :).

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL!

And I also order "half pound" of ..... at the deli. They laugh too.

James :)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Well, if the French had made the millimeter 1/24th of an inch instead of 1/25.4th of an inch, it might have helped... even have been useful (easy thirds of an inch!). But the "make it anything, but make it incompatible with British measurements" attitude kinda got in the way.

The official story is that the meter was supposed to be based on the size of the Earth... but they knew darn well they didn't know its exact size anyway.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hope someone tells the company making this that Airwolf wasn't light gray and cobalt blue.

Very Dark Charcoal Grey top half, with Flat Black antiglare panels on either side of the nose, white lower half and underbelly.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
spacecraft guy said:
Hope someone tells the company making this that Airwolf wasn't light gray and cobalt blue.

Very Dark Charcoal Grey top half, with Flat Black antiglare panels on either side of the nose, white lower half and underbelly.
According to Andrew Probert it was originally a dark olive drab and white. They changed it to charcoal grey sometime during the series.

David.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Airwolf color

was actually an old 80's mazda silver which is an metallic olive color so it is actually green like probert mentioned...I have a souce that knows the color cause he worked on ths series, and painted the helis,hope this helps
William

·
Registered
312 Posts
Quote:

- Wbnemo1 was actually an old 80's mazda silver which is an metallic olive color so it is actually green like probert mentioned...I have a souce that knows the color cause he worked on ths series, and painted the helis,hope this helps
William -

Another example of a color freakout!

The darn thing looked a dark charcoal grey when I was standing 2 feet away from it in 1985!

Got out the Polaroids I took - still looks charcoal grey, but the color balance on SX-70 film at that time isn't the best.

Metallic olive, huh? I remember that the finish wasn't black, as it appeared on TV, don't remember it being greenish. Saw Airwolf at the Watsonville,CA airshow in 1985, and remember looking up close at the seams where the fiberglass plant on panels that Andy Probert designed were attached to the fuselage, and the adhesive/sealant that was there.

Oh, well. Would be great it your source could let us know what the closest color match would be using contemporary paints - I've got 2 Airwolf models on the pile that I am finally going to get to!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Howdy,
Well is it sort of a charcoally gray,just has a O.D. greenish tinge to it so use charcaol gray metallic with perhaps a smidge of olive drab, probably nail the color perfectly. Also, the bottom is a very very light gray,not white. It is almost white but not quite. A funny thing, the monorails at Disneyworld probably use this same super light gray for their skirts...depending on how the light hits it, it does look white...but it's not figures ehh

William

1 - 12 of 12 Posts