Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I'd plunk down the cash for one of those kalifornia kustoms cars (the ones in the dumb plastic tubes),but today I just had to.

I was at work today and had about 15 minutes to kill,so I stopped into a sears essentials to see if they had anything new. Thats where I found this one:

I didn't even know hot wheels made a '52 chevy. I just couldn't leave it behind,mainly because I'm supposed to be getting a '52 this coming spring.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You can't believe you bought one and I couldnt resist 4 !! I did buy them when they went on sale of Kmart that helped some !! Notice how the 52 is a different direction than the rest but It is a great car !! :thumbsup:

[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I found the '67 Shelby GT500 Kalifonia Kustom at a toy show in Denver for $5.00.
and thought I got a fair deal. probably would have hesitated at $10.00........maybe.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Last I heard they've all been discontinued, those used to be the ''black boxes" then "100%" then "Kalifornia Kustoms" & probably a few other names I can't come up with at the moment.(oh yeah, those big oil can type containers with the big tire top was another one). They were always pricey but most had really nice detail, some like the '51 Mercury's, were suppose to have 30 some odd separate pieces. They were usually $6.00 to $8.00 around here but didn't come out that often so they really wouldn't put a really big dent in your diecast wallet unless you liked all 4 in a set. But they discontinued them a while back, sad to see them go.... the "52 Chevy was the last one I bought...........

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
The red corvette is beautiful in color. The El Camino is decent. I also have the Shelby and a 70 Mustang which are so-so. I would have bought that Chevy had I seen it.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
CJTORINO said:
I found the '67 Shelby GT500 Kalifonia Kustom at a toy show in Denver for $5.00.
and thought I got a fair deal. probably would have hesitated at $10.00........maybe.
Would have been nice to buy that stang for half price, but instead I plunked down the $9.99 plus tax for it at my local KMart. It's the only Kalifornia Kustom I have. I compared it to the JL version - both have qualities that I like.
When KMart has these cars in stock, I'll usually pick a few up to get a closer look, think about buying another and then put it back. Now if I caught them on sale......... ;)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Atencio said:
The red corvette is beautiful in color. The El Camino is decent. I also have the Shelby and a 70 Mustang which are so-so. I would have bought that Chevy had I seen it.
I had been eyeballing that red Corvette for quite a few months at a local K-Mart. Beautiful looking car, but I just couldn't work myself up to plunking down 10 bucks for it. Saw it again the other day & it was marked down 10%. Not much of a mark-down, but it was enough for me to give into temptation. I'm glad I got it. A very nice car. Now I'm waiting for the white Shelby Mustang at another K to come down alittle :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts