Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NemVia's PL Refit Enterprise - COMPLETED!!!!

:cool: Hi Everyone! I realize that this is a popular model kit and I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with everyone's efforts and variations (as minute as they can be sometimes) of this kit. I don't think anyone can find every iota of detail on the "Hero" studio model, but Bravo Zulu to all who have made this incredible effort to details and lighting on th PL Enterprise. I entered late in the game with this kit as I had no idea it had even existed until about November of 2006. You can imagine the excitement in finding out there was such a huge model in existance. I myself have bought 2 of the kits. The one I am presenting now is going to be the ST:TMP Drydock refit Enterprise which I started building in December 2006. Although I am far from finished I hope you all will enjoy viewing my version of this kit. I've tried to include each and every technique that I've used to achieve my results. Just a heads up though, I decided since I had 2 kits I didn't want to do 2 identical paint jobs, so for the refit version I decided to use the paint colors suggested in the kit. I realize they are very inaccurate, but hey! This is my refit "VERSION". Any comments, questions, or suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Wow...that's a whole lot of masking goin' on. A very nice if not tiring approach to the aztecing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fiercegaming said:
loooks goood! Nice work. If I may ask, what colors did you use for the engineering section? Again very nice.
Thanks! I used the color paints that the instructions suggest which are Engineering Green MM-1716 and Light Engineering green which is 2parts MM-1716 and 1 part Flat White MM-1768. Also Light gray MM 1732, Off white, 2 parts MM-1732 and 1 part MM-1768, and finally Neutral Gray MM-1725 for details on the underbelly. I thinned the paints with 1 part Thinner. The Engineering Green and Flat Euro Gray (Which is used on the outside of the nacels) are not common Model Master Paints in the Hobby stores in my area, so I had to purchase them directly through Testors Website. They're about the same price as the stores except they nail you on the shipping and handling. My suggestion: if you have to buy them directly from Testors, order as many colors as possibly otherwise it's like $5 per shipment. Thanx for checking us out!
-NemVia-

·
Registered
55 Posts
I thought about making my own aztec masks for about 10 seconds. Then I ordered Lou's templates. I salute you. You have waaaaaaaaay more patience then I.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I made my own aztek masks for the upper half of the saucer, then decided to BS the bottom because of the headaches it gave me :p

sheesh, how big is your TOS Enterprise? (awesome buildup)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
fiercegaming said:
Tony your making your own if I understand it right, right?
Yes, I am having them cut for me. I am also having the secondary patterns cut as well. My hope is that I will be able to lay down my main aztec, and then use any one of the many secondary patterns to lay over the main aztec. It should be a perfect fit. We will see :)

R

·
0 Posts
There be some outstanding work there NemVia and for once it's not the refit that grabbed my attention.
The TOS Enterprise and the shuttle are excellent ! As soon as i saw the bridge part it got a round of applause from me :)
Superb work, keep it going :thumbsup:

Go easy

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:cool: Thanks for the comments, but just FYI the masking didn't take as long as you might think. Once the strips are cut for each part of the each section, it's just a matter of putting everything in its place. You just cut the pieces as you stick them on the hull with a sharp exacto. The trick is to never let the knife touch the plastic. You adhere the tape where you want, place the knife where it's supposed to end then pull the tape so the knife cuts it. It's that easy. A little more time consuming, but not much. It's a little cheaper than the frisket, and the end result is very clean as long as you thin you paint. Thanks also for checkin out the rest of our site as well! There's more to come, soon!
-NemVia-

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Lookin' righteous, man! Can't wait to see yet another awesome lookin' Refit! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:cool:
d_jedi1 said:
I made my own aztek masks for the upper half of the saucer, then decided to BS the bottom because of the headaches it gave me :p

sheesh, how big is your TOS Enterprise? (awesome buildup)
If I ever finish it, it should be an 8' fully lit model. Definately a model convention touring piece.

-NemVia-

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Raytheon said:
The TOS Enterprise and the shuttle are excellent

Sweet Fancy Moses!!!

I just now checked out the rest of your site. Fantastic work on the Enterprise Project. A standing ovation sir :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wiring has begun!

:cool: Well, I finally started on lighting the big E. So far I've started on the Warp Engines, the Hanger Deck and the officers Lounge. I can see there's going to be a LOT of LEDs for this project, but it's looking better and better as we go. Hope you enjoy the pics. More at the website!
-NemVia-

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
:cool: Update on the wiring progress. Hopefully I can start soon on my drydock model.
Enjoy!
-NemVia-

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
New test lighting photos

cool: Okay! I've got some new Test Lighting pics. My favorite is the saucer section airlock. I think it turned out awesome!
-NemVia-
Let me know if I did this right... Otherwise.... www.NemVia.com it is. Better yet just go to MY Gallery.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yes, that does look very nice. :thumbsup:

Would there be any way to put just a little more light on the airlocks so that we could see the details: :)

1 - 20 of 184 Posts