Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks :)

Can anyone here possibly help me by converting PDF's into Coral Draw files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Tony,
Corel is my middle name! Sure it makes for a funny monogram, but hey.

You should be able to just open pdfs like other files. go to file> open then click on the pdf. if there are more than one page, select which page. This works quite often, but you might have an issue if the pdf was secured.

let me know if this doesn't work

Lou

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a million Lou. I'll relay that info and see if that works. If not, I'll let ya know :)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Raist...I will tell you that as far as I know, there is no way to convert a PDF into another file format.

However, you can open the PDF in the selected software and generally drag the image into a new file in the software. If it a drawn image or something like that then it will not be editable, but you could probably trace the image if you wanted to change it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Martin, how about converting a JPEG into a corel draw file?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Tony,
you can bring a jpg into corel and then save it as a .cdr, no problem.

now the jpg will still be a bitmap, so if you are looking to turn it into a vector image, you'll need to trace it once you have it in corel.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Lou, that's what I would need then. Someone who can take a few JPEGS and save them as CDR for me.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Raist you figure it out? If not you can give me the Jpegs and I can see what I can do. :) (i'll PM you).

update:
Tony I never got the PM cause my inbox was full, I deleted some messages now though.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A huge thank you to both Lou and Fiercegaming. Thanks for coming thru for me guys :)

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
MartinHatfield said:
Raist...I will tell you that as far as I know, there is no way to convert a PDF into another file format.
If you open a PDF in Adobe Acrobat, you can save it as JPEG, TIFF, EPS, PNG and a few other formats. You need the complete Acrobat application, not just Acrobat Reader.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah that would work too I would think. All you need is an EPS and that can be brought into corel draw and saved as a .cdr. Or if you already have the jpegs and you have photoshop you can open them there and save them as an eps's (you will need the eps plugin though). Then you can bring those eps's into corel draw and save them as .cdr's. Well atleast thats what I ended up doing for Tony. Both ways should work.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fiercegaming said:
All you need is an EPS and that can be brought into corel draw and saved as a .cdr.
D'OH!! I have paint shop Pro X and I can save the PDF's as an EPS file!!

Don't know enough to have known.

Thanks again guys :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah you can just use .eps in correl, works fine. I probably could have told you that but I didn't know ethier until I downloaded the program and saw it could take .eps. I knew it couldn't take .jpegs and thats about it. So just had to convert. Well now you know :). Again anytime Tony.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts