Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the new Zingers 5 pack because I love the colors. I want to de-zinger them. I am needing help on the de-zinger process. What do you do and how do you do it. I've never done this before. Thanks in advance for all help.

JP2

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
JP2-
I bought that 5 pack too since it looks like all 5 can be transitioned into good "Everyday Drivers". I did notice however that the regular edition Corvair does not have the opening/removable trunk. Since the Zinger has engines on both ends, I'm not sure how to replicate that piece. Anyone know if a second Corvair casting is due out that has the opening trunk?

For the process:
First I would remove any unwanted tampos. Then I drill out the rivets and remove the base. The engine will also have be be drilled out. Next I take a regular issue casting, preferably a rubber tire version, and swap the base and interior (if needed). I also take the engine and hood from the regular version. The hood will have to be stripped down, then primered and re-painted with a close match - or flat black if a match can't be made. Then glue the new engine in. There is also a small clip that holds the hood down to the firewall. The clip seems to be larger in the Zinger edition, so that will need to be swapped out as well. After that, everything can be re-assembled and attached (with glue or screw). Good luck and hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts